The fee-assistance program??

I'm planning on applying for the fee-assistance program tomorrow and it will take anywhere between 1-10 days for CASPA to process and either accept or deny me. If I'm accepted, I get 14 days to put in my schools or else I'll be dropped from this service. 

I'm a re-applicant so I already have a GRE score in, a transcript from one institution, and other stuff filled out. I will be updating another transcript, updating my GRE score in June, updating my experiences and shadowing hours, getting new LORs and putting in a new personal statement. The point of doing this all as soon as possible is so that I can avoid getting my stuff in late (again).

Has anyone on here had experience with the fee-assistance? Is it relatively simple? And how long does it typically take?

I have. It's simple and takes exactly up to the max time it says it will. It did for me anyway. Also, I must say it should be simple, but won't necessarily be. I was granted it and then ur didn't work and I had to wait for weeks to be refunded the money I wasn't supposed to pay on the first place. It was all good though as it eventually worked out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just granted assistance. It took about a week to be approved. You don't have to have LORs in to submit. You can have everything that you need (essay, all answers completed) and submit. You just won't be verified until all your supplemental junk is in and posted to your account.

You have 14 days from the date they grant assistance to submit your application, or you forfeit it and cannot reapply. Also, it only pays for one school. You can add more schools later and pay the fee or add them all at once and pay up front.

Thanks for the replies you guys. I applied last Friday and was granted the fee yesterday. I didn't think it would be so fast. I have all 3 LORs in and am only waiting for an updated transcript and the GRE. I'm going to wait until the 13th day to submit just in case, lol

Archived