Shoud I move before sign in the contract?

Hi all,

They offered me a job and I accepted by email. I don't have license yet since I am on the way to take PANCE  but I am in the process of applying for a license.

I am planning to move to that state after graduation. Moving will be very costly as I will be moving to the west coast (I am on the east). 

Do you think its risky to move since I don't have a contract yet? We agreed the salary and benefit through email. They said they are waiting for my license before sending out the application for credentialing. 

I really want to move as soon as possible to prepare for a new chapter.

Thank you

If you had not been offered a position there would you still be moving there?

If so, then go for it if the job falls through you did not lose anything by moving since you planned on doing so regardless.

If not, you may want to take that into consideration. Just my opinion.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

If you haven't even taken the PANCE yet, definitely don't move.  If they are waiting on the contract until you are licensed, then they can wait for you to start until you make arrangements to move out there.  Don't rush it if the job isn't set in stone yet.

Thanks Maveric87, but I don't have preference for places much, wherever I have a job offer and I like that job, I can move. The thing is no place  guaranteed as I have no license yet.

I felt this way too. But you don't want to move, then have something happen with that job, and be stuck in a location where you don't have friends or family....and have no other reason to be there than that job that didn't work out.

Also, it leads to the kind of anxiety displayed in your following post:

I am so confused now, pls help me how I can keep my professional reputation and guarantee one position without any contract? 

I took a job upon separating from the military job. It was a contract job that was in a place that I'd never heard of. Thought it would be fun. It fell through at the last minute. Now, I'm working in my home state and my belongings (which had already been transported to that location) are in storage, while I look for a job in a location where I want to settle.

Basically, I unnecessarily complicated my life (and cost myself some money) by taking a job in a random location.

NO NO and NO

even with a contract they can change their minds, and you are stuck - just search the boards for these posts

I would say they also should be chipping in to move you across the country- forces them to have some "skin in the game" so to speak

Do NOT move with out a SIGNED contract that has been reviewed by an attorney would be my advice.

Archived