Things to have memorized before PA school

I am planning on attending PA school in 2 1/2 years. I have worked in Radiology for 10 years and just finished a bachelors. Besides the basic sciences, what things should you have memorized BEFORE starting PA school? I know it is going to be very difficult to learn things so quickly and want to start studying now. I was thinking of memorizing medications or possibly getting old textbooks from students at the program I want to attend. Maybe just start reading all the family medicine journals?

Wesley

Nothing just relax. Have confidence that your work experience and undergrad have adequately prepared you. Two books I highly recommend reading before school starts are House of God and Complications. Another good one is 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. Spend time with family and friends because you won't get that time once school starts. Maybe get in a good work out routine and get organized.

I have had quite a bit of fun using the iPhone app called Prognosis. It gives you a little case study to work through, then follows the study with a decent discussion revolving around the situation presented. I don't understand a good number of the data sets or labs they talk about but it gives me a great point to branch a quick study session around. Being a kinesthetic learner the notion of wrapping around a scenario helps me understand it better rather than just reading dry text.

Archived