Get Together At SEMPA

People take notes lots of ways. Some don't take notes at all. Lecturers are supposed to have their presentations finalized with enough lead time that the entire thing can be downloaded by participants beforehand. I like to take my notes right in the PDF of the PowerPoint document so it's all together when I look something up later.

Signing up for workshops is done when you register for the conference. If you want to add something on, especially so close to the conference, I would suggest calling. Look up SEMPA's most recent emails and you should have the info you need.

I'd like to vote for either Thursday or Saturday evenings, for what it's worth. I have a buddy in San D and we might be getting together on Friday night.

I was talking yesterday with Kevin (Medic25) and tonight (Thursday) is the reception on the USS Midway, but after that might be a good time to do the PA Forum gathering, right?

In fact, maybe we should meet up on the ship -- let's decide on a place and time, or maybe a code phrase or visual cue so we can recognize one another? -- and then after that we could sit around and socialize somewhere. I think the hotel has a few good-looking options.

Dang, I wish I had seen your message. After closing down the Midway, I enjoyed some BBQ, then dessert and whiskey at a place around the corner, then a delicious glass of ice water in the hotel bar, and how I'm going to curl up and pass out. Try again tomorrow, or Saturday, maybe?

The west coast is tough on people from more eastern time zones... Maybe we should plan on a 7pm thing...

It really is like herding cats, isn't it?

Sorry, guys, it seems like my plans start coming together anytime between 6:30-8:30 each night, and usually when I can't get good enough signal to check the boards.

I'm willing to keep trying! PM me for my cell number if you'd like to try coordinating on the fly.

And if I can recommend something, Sunday early morning breakfast at Cafe 222, a 3 or 4 block walk, is amazing. I think I will try to be there in line bright and early tomorrow at 6:45 for biscuits and gravy. I'll have my red and black fleece jacket on.

Right, so here is what we know about tonight, Saturday night, the last night of the conference...

Medic25 has some Board responsibilities, but if things work out he thinks he might be able to get out in a bit. It's nearing 9pm now as I type this.

My plan is to hang around by the fire pit for a little, and then walk over to The Whisky House, at 420 3rd Avenue, about 3 or 4 blocks from the hotel (It's on the north side of Harbor Blvd and the train tracks, and I'm not sure you can just cross anywhere, so there could be some east-west walking to get into the Gaslamp district. I think we can count on at least me being there by sometime between 9:30 and 10. That's pretty late for this Central Time Zone resident, but I'm good for one, I'd say.

Breakfast tomorrow would be amazing at Cafe 222, but that might depend on how late tonight gets.

Sound good? Okay then. Maybe see some of you there. I'm a middle-sized bald man with a red fleece over a blue button-down shirt and jeans.

Archived