Out of state rotations and SARA law

I was just wondering if anyone has been told that they can't do out of state rotations anymore because of the new SARA law? I plan on moving out of state, so I did a couple of rotations out of state last semester, but I was told that I would not be able to do any more due to the SARA law. However, reading about it makes it look like it's supposed to make rotations easier, not harder. Has anyone else run into trouble with this, or know anything about it really? Here's a link to what I've been looking at: http://nc-sara.org/content/basic-questions-about-sara

This doesn't appear to be a law, but a voluntary, private organization. Also, it seems aimed at online programs. 

Who told you this would impede out-of-state rotations? Is there a specific state law?

I sometimes get the feeling that programs don't like doing the work of setting up out-of-state rotations and then make up excused and point to "laws" that supposedly say they can't. Of course, they'd be happy for you to go to one of the sites they already have set up and have a contract for a certain number of students a year...

• 2 months later...

Never heard of it, I'm doing rotations in 5 states from a MA-based program. Wasn't an issue at all, I had more issues with all the Pennsylvania paperwork to do a peds rotation- they have very strong background checks including fingerprinting and a lot of forms.

Archived