Apply now or later?

Hi all, 

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, but I was wondering if people would give an opinion on whether or not I have a shot at acceptance this upcoming cycle.

cGPA: 3.5

HCE: ~1,000 hrs as a Patient Care Technician (vitals, wound care, blood sugars, medication passing)

Volunteering: 130 hours (ER and adaptive sports volunteering combined)

Shadowing: 40 hours 

GRE: 157 V, 151 Q

I will be graduating with my bachelor's in December. 

Certifications:

-CNA

-Phlebotomy trained

-CPR/First Aid 

Any advice is welcome! Thank you for your time. 

I would apply. I went through the same debate and I had a slightly higher GPA, but less HCE hours. This was for the 2014 application cycle which I was planning on waiting until the 2015 application cycle, but about 2-3 months before the application opened up, I decided I wasn't going to wait and apply. I ended up applying and getting multiple interviews and acceptances. I think you have stats that could definitely offer you an acceptance. Make sure you write a really good personal statement and supplementals. Also make sure you meet all the requirements the schools have that you are applying to. If you get interview offers, make sure to spend some time preparing because the interview is ultimately what will grant you that offer of acceptance. Good luck whether you decide to apply this year or next year!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

I'm a first time poster and also wanted to know if I should apply this cycle (at the very least for the experience) or wait until the next. 

cGPA: 3.36

sciGPA: 3.85

HCE: Medical Scribe: 1,000 hours; Medical Assistant Internship: 321 hours; Clinical Care Extender (now

known as the Health Scholar Program): 281 hours

Volunteering: UCI Medical Center 302 hours

Shadowing: 20 hours (seeking more)

GRE: Planning to take next month

Certificates: Medical Assistant (certificate and A.S. Degree), CPR/BLS; Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens 

I recognize my GPA is not stellar which is why I'm considering waiting this cycle to accumulate more HCE on the MA front (it's been more difficult than I anticipated).

Any feedback is genuinely appreciated!

I realized I incorrectly stated my cGPA. 3.12 is my undergrad GPA and I did not include courses taken at my CC (including all of my pre-reqs). Allow me to revise this and update ASAP. 

I was an American Studies major tailoring my concentration to Public Health. 

**Update** I revised my profile to reflect my combined GPAs from undergrad and CC. 

Archived