Preceptors in Arizona

Isn't that considered soliciting? - contacting preceptors that you don't know personally? The reason why I ask is because our program considers it that and they say it may affect our accreditation

That's a new one. They tell you any more details about how it can affect their accreditation? Where do they draw the line on personally knowing the preceptor? That seems like it could be a gray area. 

That's a new one. They tell you any more details about how it can affect their accreditation? Where do they draw the line on personally knowing the preceptor? That seems like it could be a gray area. 

So, if you absolutely don't know the preceptor then we can't personally nor the program contact them to ask them to precept a student. It's like knocking on the door of someone's house and asking.

If we do know the preceptor, we give the information to the rotation coordinator and they contact them personally to set things up. 

That's what we've been told. We had a few students threatened w/ expulsion d/t finding out that the preceptor didn't DIRECTLY know the student. Can't even do it if a family member or significant other knows of a preceptor, it still wouldn't fly. 

The reason why I posted is because that's all i see on PA boards and FB pages - students from other programs able to do what we can't. Just my 2 cents from what I've witnessed. 

• 1 month later...

Archived