Putting HCE hours into CASPA

Hey guys,

I just started racking up HCE hours in January and by the time I apply to CASPA in late April/early May, I will have accumulated a projected 373 hours, give or take. There will be no "end time" to plug in because I plan to continue doing what I'm doing until I start school, so that number is sure to go up to 1,477 hours if I stay part-time. I can pick up shifts or start working full time too, so 1,477 is only looking at if I continue as part-time with no additional shifts. In addition to that, I had been a volunteer at a hospital and got about 304 hours from doing that during the summers for 3 years. My question is this, will programs look at this initial number of HCE hours and write me off after comparing it to the initial numbers of other applicants? Or will they see that this is a current thing and that I will continue to increase that number? Is there anywhere on CASPA that I can mention that I plan on doing this for at least another year?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I just started racking up HCE hours in January and by the time I apply to CASPA in late April/early May, I will have accumulated a projected 373 hours, give or take. There will be no "end time" to plug in because I plan to continue doing what I'm doing until I start school, so that number is sure to go up to 1,477 hours if I stay part-time. I can pick up shifts or start working full time too, so 1,477 is only looking at if I continue as part-time with no additional shifts. In addition to that, I had been a volunteer at a hospital and got about 304 hours from doing that during the summers for 3 years. My question is this, will programs look at this initial number of HCE hours and write me off after comparing it to the initial numbers of other applicants? Or will they see that this is a current thing and that I will continue to increase that number? Is there anywhere on CASPA that I can mention that I plan on doing this for at least another year?

Thanks.

Depending on the programs you're planning on applying to, I would say that some would not consider your application as strong as others because most prefer you to apply when you've completed the majority of your HCE. 374 or 400 hours is considered pretty low for most programs especially when there are some applicants that have over 5,000 hours. I would contact the programs directly to see how they would view your continuing HCE before spending all the money on applications.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Archived