Things to Know Before Starting PA School?

I've gotten the mindset that a person looking to start PA school should try and enjoy their time as much as they can because they won't have very much once they start.

However, is there anything that you think makes the list of "must-knows" before starting a program, or just starting college in general? Medical-related or otherwise (such as study techniques, things to keep in mind, etc.)?

Figure out financial aid stuff. Start looking at loan repayment options/programs. This stuff is generally not on your radar until well after it should have been. If you know what you are getting into (going into and coming out of school) your anxiety about all of this will be alot lower.

I don't think there's a right answer for this: prepare vs. take time off. You'll find people on both sides of the fence. Personally I wish I would've reviewed anatomy before starting. With 4 months of didactic left, I still think anatomy has been the most difficult class for me. Lecture wasn't so bad, but gross lab was challenging because I never experienced it before. Not really something my undergrad anatomy class prepared me for at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived