Would a required internship count as HCE?

In my major, if you have a certain concentration, a 400 hour internship is required at an approved site. This past semester, I completed my internship and I'm wondering if it can be counted as "hands on healthcare experience."

I did my internship in inpatient & outpatient rehab and cardiac rehab.

List of things I did:

Checked blood pressures

Put on heart monitors

Helped patients do their exercises

In inpatient sometimes a therapist would tell me to go to a patients room and do specific exercises for 20 minutes or so then ask them what their pain level was.

In out patient I would also go through exercises with a patient if a therapist was busy

Can I count this as HCE?

My only worry is that this internship was technically a class I had to take and I got 6 hours of credit for it. I don't know how schools feel about that.

Many schools will accept student experience as HCE. Some schools however, do not. It should say on their website whether they will accept it. I got most of my hours as a student athletic trainer and was able to apply to 10 schools and could've to more. Just check with the schools you are interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived