Transfer AA Degree

Hi, I was hoping someone could aid me in the process of transferring into a BS/MS program as a transfer student. I am 28 years old with immense healthcare experience and would like some security with my choice. If I were to finish my bachelors in the sciences, the thing I fear the most is ending up on a waiting list. However, if I transfer into a BS/MS program, I may stand a better chance. I'm at a very tough point.

If anyone has any ideas or guidance whatsoever .. I would more than appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

I would do my bachelors in science if I couldn't get into a combined (BS/MS PA program) as a transfer. However, at my age, if I were to just go the bachelor's route I wouldn't want to wait to get into the masters. At least with the combined program, I would have a chance to interview. I hope it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure BS/MS PA programs are for high school seniors as in you need to apply in high school. I don't think you are qualify for those programs since you already have credits you want to transfer and because youre 28... What you need to do now is transfer your AA degree/credits to a 4 year institution and obtain a bachelors degree and then you can apply to PA school. What you're looking for is a short cut and its not an option for you anymore unfortunately. A decade ago maybe. 

Also, BSMS PA programs doesn't mean you have a chance to interview, it means that you're guaranteed a spot in the program if you successfully complete the BS portion and all other requirements. 

Hi,

There are at least a handful of combined programs that take transfer students. I was wondering if anyone was able to get in under similar circumstances as mine. I'm not looking for a "short cut." I just want some security based on personal reasons. I.e., finances. So if that's an option, I'm willing to attempt to use it. Thanks!

Archived