Do I still have chance?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interviews are still going on. You applied late in the cycle and that could be a reason why you haven't heard yet. Keep in mind it often takes multiple times applying before you are accepted. This is my third time applying...I didn't get an interview the first time, interviewed last year and was waitlisted/subsequently not accepted and have an interview coming up soon.

I turned in my application through the first CASPA cycle and only just yesterday received an interview invite. So good news is that they are still doing interviews. Bad news is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, at least that I can see. I also heard on a different thread that all the seats were already filled, which is weird if they are still offering interviews and already have such a long alternate list. Maybe they are just interviewing for more alternates? Who knows?

Hey guys, I wouldn't lose hope if all the seats are filled. Many other programs don't give out their acceptances until March and that may lead students to drop and choose other programs! I talked to a lot of current students too and they said they were taken from the wait list. After my interview I did call the admissions office to check on my status because my portal didn't change. The admissions counselor said I was on the wait list with about 150 other students, she also said that the class is already full. At the interview during the tour, the admissions counselor said that interviews after our interview session was for the wait list. They were pretty open about sharing this information too.

Perhaps the wait list is that large because they haven't rejected anyone that has interviewed. So basically, they are still looking for the most competitive applicants that can replace those students that leave and choose other programs. Stay positive, and still go into the interview confident because they are still looking for competitive applicants that can fit their program!

the problem with these forums is that people claim to know exactly what is going on. how does anyone even have access to that kind of information? i choose to ignore it unless it is coming directly from admissions as it makes zero sense to continue to interview for seats that don't exist.

The application process and the waiting game can be frustrating :/

If, in the event that you have not been extended an interview or if you are not offered acceptance, do revise your application. Especially if you have applied multiple years. Also, have everything submitted EARLY-They begin offering interviews in August so you want your application in, well in advance before that. They had a lot of really great applicants this year and while you may be one of those, applying early is to your advantage. You have probably heard of someone who has applied later and gotten accepted but it is becoming more competitive.

Make sure you are also doing something to improve your application this "gap" year and include that on your application so they know. GL!

I recieved an email today inviting me for an interview. I believe the last interview date is March 6th, which is the only one they showed available. I did speak with an admin counselor in person and they stated that if I didn't hear anything by the end of this month, than most likely I would not be offered an invite. They also stated that there were approximately 20-25 spots still open and about 5-10 they were waiting to hear back on. This info was about 3 weeks ago, so I'm sure things have changed a bit. Thought you all would like to know if you are still waiting. Good luck to everyone.

Archived