Online Science Courses - Need Help in finding some that are accepted

Hey All, I am having some trouble on finding some legit science courses that are listed below:

1. Genetics

2. Immunology

3. Bacteriology

4. Cellular Biology

or any science course for that matter that can potentially raise my science GPA. At this point, I have a science GPA that is 3.25.

I found a pathophysiology course online through rio salado college. And I also found a genetics course through UC berkeley, however it has some BAAD ratings and requires two tests on campus that is not feesible for me right now. I need a 100% online course cuz I am working alot of hours. Anyone take a genetics course through somewhere? please let me know here or you can email me at xcman1539@gmail.com

thank you!

University of phoenix has a completely online genetics class and immunology class. I didn't take either yet.... they are condensed semesters (about five weeks). It seems though that it is a lot of busy work and no tests. You have discussion boards, questions, assignments and a lot of papers.

I took Pathophysiology online through Washtenaw Community College and my program accepted it. It was a really good class and the professor was really helpful. My program counted Patho as a biological science, but they recommended the ones you listed. I also had a hard time finding completely online courses, but it can be done! I read about the Genetics class through UC Berkeley, but was also worried about the bad reviews. University of Oklahoma (CIDL) offers some online independent study courses (I took Gen Chem I & II) through them, and University of New England also has a lot of classes that PA programs and med schools will accept. I wouldn't recommend Univ. of Phoenix and I doubt that most programs won't accept courses from them.

Good luck and write if you have more questions. I did a TON of research trying to find online classes since I work full time + a side job.

I enrolled in the Genetics course at Berkely - the exams can be done through a proctor (which you must find and have approved). BUT - the bad reviews are probably accurate. I ended up SOOOO lost and confused, I dropped the course without a refund and ended up enrolling at my local school and rearranging my schedule to get it done. I wouldn't recommend.

University of New England offers several online science classess (I've taken gen. bio, micro, and ochem). They are well designed, and well managed. I have had a really great experience. They are very expensive, and definitely not an easy way out (in some ways more difficult than a traditional course) but if you put the work in, you'll get something out of it. If you're looking for an easy A, online definitely isn't the way to go. Also, as mentioned by others, you need to check with your programs you're applying to, some don't accept online courses at all, and some accept only from certain programs. Good luck!

Archived