Yakima and Anchorage interviews class of 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Anchorage applicants interviewing tomorrow! I will be thinking of you :) Believe me when I say that I know exactly how you are all feeling right now because I was in your shoes last weekend in Yakima. I definitely suggest getting a group of applicants together tonight to calm your nerves. You will get energy and support on a level I could never accurately express. You know all the cliches.... Be yourself. Be personable. Be confident. Be passionate. They know who you are on paper. Show them who you are on the inside.

One word of advice on something you should NOT do is to never under any circumstances condescend another applicant or throw them under the bus. It's a reflection on you....not the other applicant, and the interviewers will see right through it. Also, don't back down from a position you take on a certain subject.... OWN IT :) You have made it this far because you are amazing candidates! Don't give the selection committee a reason NOT to accept you.

You can do this! Stay strong, stay focused, and BRING IT!!! Best of luck to you and I am looking forward to meeting you in Seattle in July!

~Sara

You know all the cliches.... Be yourself. Be personable. Be confident. Be passionate. They know who you are on paper. Show them who you are on the inside.

You have made it this far because you are amazing candidates! Don't give the selection committee a reason NOT to accept you.

~Sara

Super good advice. Its hard to buy into the fact that they really do just want to see your personality. But its true. You can answer every question with what you've rehearsed, or you can answer it with whats in your heart and who you are. Stay succinct...some say 90 seconds or less, I was at about 60 seconds. Its a humbling experience, and you'll enjoy it. Oh, and bring ear plugs or head phones in case your hotel is loud!! :) And stay away from the carrots....

Best of luck!

-Chris

I think it's important to keep in perspective that you were selected above hundreds of other applicants to compete for just a few dozen seats. That said, if you were to reapply, you will more than likely be invited to try again. I recall when we were in the briefing prior to the interviews, the ADCOM members made it point to express how much they love re-applicants.

If you are set on MEDEX, you know what you have to do. If you just want to be a PA, get back on CASPA and send out more applications. If you are a veteran (Don), check into SJCC in SoCal. LESH is a frequent contributor to this forum and is ADCOM there. I believe they are accepting apps thru December. This of course is just one school, there are many more. Also, there are several schools that do not use CASPA so don't limit your options. Again, MEDEX is a great school, which is why you applied. If time is not your enemy, get back on your horse and hopefully we'll meet again next November.

Archived