Yakima and Anchorage interviews class of 2014

Hi like everyone else I am checking my email and mail at least 100 times a day waiting for any news....has anyone heard anything for Yakima or Anchorage? I also read that some people have received emails saying that they meet all of the requirements? Any info would be great and if I hear anything I will post as well. This is my first year applying, but a huge dream of mine for some time...Good Luck Everyone I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you all soon:smile:

I had contact:) I received an email yesterday that there was a glitch in the system and apologized if It was a repeat email....Upon initial screening review, I met MEDEX prereqs and should expect to hear from them soon...did anyone else get this email???? I'm so excited and keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a interview. Best Wishes Everyone!!!

Greetings Huaorani,

I applied to the Yakima site as well. Judging from what has been discussed in some of the other threads, you should expect to start seeing notifications of interview invites any time in the next two weeks while probably closer to the end of next week at the earliest. Good luck!

I had contact:) I received an email yesterday that there was a glitch in the system and apologized if It was a repeat email....Upon initial screening review, I met MEDEX prereqs and should expect to hear from them soon...did anyone else get this email???? I'm so excited and keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a interview. Best Wishes Everyone!!!

I've gotten that email two or three times & figured it must be a glitch too. The wait is a killer. Hopefully we will hear something soon... Good Luck to everyone!!!

I am also waiting to hear about Yakima interviews. This suspense is killing me too! So stressful, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end :) I have my email linked to my android so if/when I'm contacted, I'll know immediately. Much like richfpc said, I learned from another thread that one current Yakima student got his invite on 11/17 for a 12/4 interview. That's only a "guestimate" of course. We can't know for sure if the timeline will be the same this year. I am grateful that we have this forum to touch base and be supportive of each other. I hope we all get to meet soon! Please post when you all hear something! Rooting for everyone!

~Sara

That's correct Sara. I did the research and statistically (all things are subjective to variables), Yakima applicants tend to be notified in the last 2 weeks of November for interviews which are scheduled for the first week in December and those selected for admission are called the week before Christmas. What a great present for those who earn those slots!

With four training sites and two degree options, MEDEX has a bit more work to do compared to some of the other programs out there. I'm certain that your hard work and patience will pay off. Good luck :-)

okay, enough lurking for me..soo I didn't think that moving across the country was going to be an option (we live in Georgia) but suddenly it IS! The school I applied to in GA doesn't use CASPA, so I had to put that together in a hurry! I was able to get my CASPA app and the MEDEX supplemental submitted by the appropriate dates...but one of my transcripts took nearly a MONTH to arrive..CASPA didn't get verified until last week and the app is getting mailed this Friday. When I emailed Mariah about all of this, she said that as long as I had submitted everything by the 10/1/011 deadline, I would be considered, even though the app wasn't "complete". My nerves are about frazzled!! My husband's entire family lives in Washington and Oregon, so we're excited to get out to the west coast...I just wonder if I should hold out hope for PA school this year.. :(

JD- Without hope what do any of us have? You got your application in by the deadline and if Mariah said they would consider your application then you can rest assured they will. Of course it always helps to be early but alas, you seem to have found your way. Good luck and keep everyone here posted if you hear anything. Also, unless you hear otherwise there seems to be a second or final set of interviews for sometime in January for among others, military members currently out of the country. Hope is a good thing and it's free :-)

I had written to Mariah about 2 1/2 weeks ago, as I hadn't heard anything to that point. I too received the "glitch" apology email last week. But, I just received a note from Mariah, stating that interviews for Yakima are planned for early December. So I am assuming we will be hearing soon about invitations.

Since I hit submit on my CASPA and Supplemental App the end of August, I have pretty much had the attitude of whatever is meant to be will happen. I haven't really thought anything more about it. I just joined this forum, on the recommendation of a friend who graduated this year from Anchorage's first class, and am finding that I am checking it daily to see if there is any change or if anyone has gotten an interview invitation. My pulse and blood pressure have risen significantly over the last week, I am experiencing the occasional palpitation and night sweats....I am ready to know one way or another. Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms??? It reminds me of the first time I tested for ACLS, back in the brutal days of the early 90's. But as with that, I believe I will have to reestablish my stance of "zen" and "center". If anyone has any suggestions on how to get back there, please reply. Freakin' YIKE!!!

My best to all who have applied and are anxiously awaiting word. Yayyy for Anchorage and Yakima!

Archived