Hey everyone. For those who are accepted congrats! So now onto the next step which is housing. Has anyone done any research on nearby apartments or does anyone know which apartments are the BEST? Somewhere that is safe, affordable, quiet, and some amenities would be nice. If anyone has any input please let us know so we can get on it ASAP. I know that the dorms go for $2258 per semester and include health plan, meal plan, etc. But you will be sharing a room with someone else in the noisy "Men or Women's Hall". Other than that, I have seen some apt's within the 600-800 range that look pretty good. Thanks for the info everyone!

I live in Midland and I just wanted to ask where you got your information about the Midland College residence halls. I believe you have to attend Midland College (not Texas Tech) to stay in the residence halls. I lived there as a Freshman and Sophomore when I played on the Women's basketball team... just so you know, there are visiting hours for the dorms (yes that means your date has to leave by midnight or one... and they will come to your room and make them leave), and every person that comes in the dorms to visit has to sign in and out. Basically those dorms are one step down from prison. Also, most of the people who live there are College freshmen and/or college athletes (18-19 year olds...). I would not recommend anyone to live there even if it were allowed. There is no privacy, you have a shared space with the ajoining room, and the dorms are NEVER conducive to studying (imagine high school athletes in a hotel every night...) Anyways, thought I let you know my thoughts on the dorms. Good luck house/apartment hunting!

Oh and I forgot to mention, I can't even tell you the amount of stuff that gets stolen... While I lived there, here are some of the things I remembered getting stolen... diamond earrings, cameras, cash, computers, and even shoes (yes shoes)!

AND there are room checks for cleanliness, alcohol, tobacco, candles, etc. Possession of which results in fines or getting kicked out of the dorms.

Yeah, the family dorms might be ok :) I live in a house in Midland. I have a lot of friends who are in apartments though. The most expensive ones are the Palms, Blue Ridge, Vantage of Midland, those run anywhere from about 1100-1300 and up for a one bedroom (from what I have been told). Some of the more middle of the road pats are Aviare, Hawthorne House, the Clusters, and Polo Park. I would definitely get on a waiting list if you are wanting some of the nicer apts. The Oil industry is hot right now, so apartment options are more limited! :) Send me a message if you need more help or details.

Archived