Anyone else interested in Elon's new program?

So I am gathering by your answer that you don't want to go into details about your mishap, but I have to tell you I am very curious as to what could possibly cause you to miss an interview that you flew in and booked a hotel for. ***returns to minding her own business and tries not to come up with more imaginary scenarios***

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am gathering by your answer that you don't want to go into details about your mishap, but I have to tell you I am very curious as to what could possibly cause you to miss an interview that you flew in and booked a hotel for. ***returns to minding her own business and tries not to come up with more imaginary scenarios***

Guest askyoulc

Fell outside the hotel flat on my face, gashed up my finger badly enough for EMS to be called, luckily didn't go to the hospital, now have a hole in my finger, plus various other scrapes and bruises and a suit covered in mud. I was kinda in pain. Trust me I'm not thrilled about the wasted money. But after this happened I still would've had to drive an hour to the interview. I don't think I would've been in a good mood to interview me.

Guest askyoulc

Fell outside the hotel flat on my face, gashed up my finger badly enough for EMS to be called, luckily didn't go to the hospital, now have a hole in my finger, plus various other scrapes and bruises and a suit covered in mud. I was kinda in pain. Trust me I'm not thrilled about the wasted money. But after this happened I still would've had to drive an hour to the interview. I don't think I would've been in a good mood to interview me.

tmr4869- congratulations! My advice would be to be yourself, have a nice time, & make sure you ask them about things you are wondering about (they were all very nice and friendly). There is a great thread about interviews- just search it and you will find good advice. And really, don't be too nervous- it is not only about them looking at you- it is about you getting to know the faculty and possible classmates to see if Elon will be a good fit for you and your money!

• 2 weeks later...

bbrown- congratulations on your interview! I can tell you about the day- it is described on their website, so I won't be giving away any secrets. We had some time to get to know the other candidates. We took a tour of the campus and the PA/PT building. We had a time of getting to know the faculty, completing a written assignment, and interviewing individually. At the end of the day, we had a Q & A session with some of the faculty. I hope that helps.

You're welcome! I am not comfortable sharing too many details about the interviews and writing, since they did not tell us any of that ahead of time. There are 3 individual interviews- it does say that on the website. Here is the link in case you want to read it there: http://www.elon.edu/e-web/academics/pa/faq.xhtml. I will say that the entire day felt very relaxed to me and all of the faculty were extremely nice, so try not to feel too anxious!

bbrown- they told us at the interview what day they would notify us. I interviewed on the first day (a Monday) and they had another interview group that Friday. They notified everyone from both interviews the following Wednesday, so I had to wait a little over a week, but the people in the other group knew within 5 days. Where else have you been accepted?

I only applied to & interviewed at 2 places, so I really cannot say I have a wealth of experience to draw from, but Elon impressed me so much. I asked them some tough questions about accreditation, teachers, and clinical rotations and I was more than satisfied with the answers. And, the newly renovated building is beautiful! I hope you also enjoy yourself and best wishes to you as you make your decision!

rachaelanderson- There are 3 elective rotations, one of which is considered a "transition to clinical practice". From what I understood, we have the most input into that site. For other rotations, if they were to set up a particular site that you want, the preceptor would have to do the paperwork and agree to a long-term commitment (i.e. not just precepting you). They can be more lenient about this for the TCP site- with possible out of the area rotations. And they also have an international rotation site in Belize and are trying to set up more international options as well. I hope I am remembering all this correctly- please be sure to ask at your interview/the open house just in case I am not! I also asked them how many clinical sites were already committed (plenty so far) & what areas the sites would be in (most within a 50 mile radius of Elon). Do you have an interview?

bbrown- you are welcome! I've paid my deposit, so I am committed :;-D:. Keep us posted on what you decide!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived