no director at interview

I went on an interview the other day and was a little off-put that the director did not speak or even introduce himself to the interviewees. Does anyone else find this odd? I think the strength of a program relies on its direction. I was VERY impressed by the director's speech at another program and that will be a strong factor in my decision. Is it common for the director not to appear during an interview day or am I over-reacting?

Is it common for the director not to appear during an interview day or am I over-reacting?

They are interviewing hundreds of potential students...

The director has MANY other personal and administrative responsibilities.

If you were the director of your EMS program... would you think it reasonable for EMTs to expect YOU, the director, to be present at all of their individual interviews... ?

You are OVER-reacting.

It is program dependent. The director does not attend any of the interview sessions at my program. That had zero bearing on my decision. I attended other interviews that did/did not have the director present. It didn't bother me either way. My opinion is that it shouldn't bother you. But, that is only my opinion. Others will most definitely feel differently.

Archived