news article of AMA vs MDs & CPTs

I think this is the most appropriate forum for this. I subscribe to several Nurse Practitioner newsletters. just found this one today. starts off with AMA vs M.D.s, but goes on to outline CPT involvement. was interesting to me. and I wasn't aware of most of the info.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

Don't miss an update from The Florida Panhandle Nurse Practitioner Coalition.

Add notifications@enpnetworkmail.com to your address book to ensure email delivery.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]fpnpc_new-header1.png?1297285668[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][h=1]Announcement: Why Five out of Six Doctors Have Quit the AMA[/h][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://fpnpc.enpnetwork.com/nurse-practitioner-news/3754-why-five-out-of-six-doctors-have-quit-the-ama

Sally Pipes, President of the Pacific Research Institute, has written an important article in Forbes analyzing new survey results demonstrating that 87% of medical physicians in the United States no longer view the American Medical Association as representing their views and interests.

Ms. Pipes states: “Much of that dissatisfaction stems from the organization’s support for President Obama’s contentious health care reform package.” The survey, conducted by physician recruitment firm Jackson & Coker, discovered that more than three times as many doctors believed that the quality of American health care would “deteriorate” rather than “improve” under ObamaCare; and nine of ten physicians think ObamaCare will have a negative impact on their profession. Most member driven organizations would collapse with such negative trends; but the AMA survives by collecting up to $70 million from its exclusive relationship with the federal government to provide CPT Codes in direct conflict with medical doctors.

The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code are maintained by the Chicago-based American Medical Association to describe medical, surgical, and diagnostic services and is designed to communicate a uniform set of information about medical services and procedures to physicians, patients, accreditation organizations, and payers for administrative, financial, and Medicare and Medicaid billing coders. These codes have been designated by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services to be published for treatment guidelines and billings.

For More Go Here

Archived