Help for my project - PA advocacy

Hi everyone,

I'm a PhD student and for my thesis I'm researching PA professional roles in multidisciplinary healthcare delivery teams. I would love to hear your insights about the profession, why you chose this path, what you love most about your work- with a brief online questionnaire. It should only take a few minutes and would *really* help me out to get some responses. My end goal is to promote the PA profession to the wider public, since there's an unfortunate lack of knowledge on PAs and what they do!

Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FX67PDN

Thank you for any help you can offer! If you have questions, feel free to ask! I'm also available to chat personally, if you prefer that. If you need any articles about PAs, I'd be happy to refer you to some interesting reading :)

Cheers,

Bridget

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet begun my fieldwork phase of shadowing PAs. I'm currently talking with a hospital in NYC about the possiblity of starting shadowing this January or so. Fingers crossed! I'll also be attending the AAPA's Leadership and Advocacy Summit in February to learn more about PA perspectives. Seems like it's especially necessary to advocate for PAs and hear their voices now more than ever - I just read this article (http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2471558). Apparently, physicians view increased reliance on PAs as more negative for overall quality of care. If you'd ever like to chat or just weigh in on any topic, feel free to DM me and we can set something up! 

In my field, there is much cooperation and collaboration between PAs and doctors. It's typically the old doctors who are mad to see other practicing an expanding scope of practice that didn't have to go through the same medical school training they did, as PAs get more on the job training. There is a lot of variability. Some practices treat PAs as equal colleagues and others as permanent residents.

I will send you my email in a private message.

Archived