Could you post your stats, please :)

MUSC is my #1 choice and I'd love to see your stats if you are student now or if you've been accepted.

I'm wondering how my stats compare (I don't really think I have a chance!) I'm sure it's highly competitive to even get an interview!

I'd really like to know your

Cummulative GPA

Science GPA

GRE

Prior med experience

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MUSC is also my first choice -- these are my stats -- think I have a chance?

GPA 3.55

Sci GPA 3.2

GRE 1320

Med experience: 5 years pharma rep, 3 years AE for lab, direct patient care about 500 hours in clinical research and volunteer projects in India and Africa

Master's Degree in Public Health

Guest steppjm

Hi, I'm from SC and MUSC is my #1 pick too. I don't think I have a great chance of getting in this year, unless I do really well on the GRE--which I'm taking in June. I'll be a senior at USC in the fall, and here are my stats:

GPA 3.65

Science 3.2

and I'm starting to volunteer @ the hospital and shadow a PA in the next couple of weeks...for the rest of the summer/school year

Any advice??? I'm applying this summer/fall anyways, just to at least get my 'foot in the door' even if I don't get in anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

annabug: I am not a south carolina resident -- i am from RI but it sounds like that's not a big problem there. i am applying in their first cycle but that still puts a potential interview in late november -- months after others programs -- which is annoying.

steppjm: i don't know why you don't think you have a chance -- your grades are good and they are really focused on that. definitely get the hours together and you would be a good applicant.

good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...

From reading MUSC's website they do seem to favor applicants that have lived and worked in SC, however, I don't know if that is how it works in real life. Also, they only look at the prerequisite GPA, which is not simply "cumulative" and "science". The prereqs are here Prerequisites

I believe my prereq GPA is around 3.25.

I take the GRE next month and I am shooting for around a 1200, which I think I can get based off of the practice tests I have done.

I have been working for 6 months as an EMT-b, although I do medical transport, not 911.

I am planning on doing a medical missions/relief work trip in a Spanish speaking country, and possibly taking a "Spanish for medical students" course offered at USC. I am trying to make myself into a good candidate, I know my GPA is not exceptional, but how good of a chance do you think I have?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi-

My stats are

overall GPA- 3.19

nonscience- 3.32

science- 3.13

GRE 1040

hours of experience- about 3000

1.5 yrs as certified athletic trainer/rehabilitation coordinator.

For the 2011 cycle I completed the CASPA mid June and all of the MUSC supporting materials a could weeks later. I haven't heard back.

Has anyone who is applying for the 2011 cycle heard back yet???

-nrock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also submitted my application for early decision; although, I'm a GA resident so I don't really think I have a shot :-(.

Undergraduate: 3.63 at Georgia Tech

Post-baccalaureate: 4.13

Science: 3.23

GRE: 1220

Experience: 500 patient care as volunteer at a diabetes camp, 100 hours volunteering at hospital, and several shadowing experiences.

Good Luck everyone!! Keep us updated, tomorrow is the big due date!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived