4 Individual interviews

So I interviewed with 3 of the 4 people and before they called me back for the fourth the program assistant told me that the fourth interview was not necessary, and that it wasnt a good or bad thing that I did not need the 4th interview. She said the first 3 interviewers came to a consensus. and they only need the fourth if they need a deciding vote.

What does this mean???

I thought my interviews went well, maybe the 3rd was questionable....

I am freaking out!

Don't worry about it, and definitely don't freak out. If you feel confident that your interviews went well then be proud! I interviewed last month and only had 3 of the 4 interviews, and I got a phone call two days later offering me acceptance. They really mean it when they say it's neutral. Good luck, and again, don't stress!

I also had four interviews, which makes me nervous as well. I was the only one in my group who had four interviews. I am worried that the fourth interview meant I was on the bubble. Everyone that got accepted right away only had three interviews. I wonder if the fourth was to confirm that I was not accepted. I dont think it was a neutral one, it was definitely a deciding interview. *sigh* Well, goodluck to you as well!

I am a current 1st year, had 4 interviews, and got called the next day...so clearly it varies from group to group and depends on individuals. Take it as an opportunity to express yourself to another faculty member/admissions committee person. Do not read too much into it or you will drive yourself crazy! I hope you had a wonderful time at UF!

Hey guys!

It was really great meeting all of you at the orientation Sept. 19th. I genuinely enjoyed talking with you all and am very excited at the prospect of having some of you guys as classmates because ...

I was accepted! I only had 3 interviews and they were today (Wed.). I heard back about 30 mins after I left.

Good Luck and hope to see some of you again!

Kate

So I interviewed with 3 of the 4 people and before they called me back for the fourth the program assistant told me that the fourth interview was not necessary, and that it wasnt a good or bad thing that I did not need the 4th interview. She said the first 3 interviewers came to a consensus. and they only need the fourth if they need a deciding vote.

What does this mean???

I thought my interviews went well, maybe the 3rd was questionable....

I am freaking out!

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I thought that meant I was either a yes or a no into the program! Instead I was an alternate but was never called back to say that I was selected:( Still not sure how they came to the consensus that I was a 'maybe' into the program! Best of luck to you tho... It looks like others have been selected with 3 out of the 4 interviews!

Archived