Christine Bruce PA-C Program Director, Where did she go?

• 1 month later...

Yes, she went to Hershey. When I was applying for jobs in late winter of last year I kept seeing a job posting for "director of new PA program at penn state hershey" and I wondered to myself who was going to take the job. I knew it was only a matter of time before Penn State started a PA program. Unfortunately we have too many in the state already.

• 2 years later...

Has anyone been at DeSales long enough to know if there have been any major changes to the PA program since Christine Bruce left?  Daughter recently got accepted into 5-year program and loves the college.  She also spoke with a PA who graduated there in 2008 and loved it but doesn't know how it is these days.

• 3 weeks later...

PASomeday I think it has changed quite a bit unfortunately. I know a girl who went there who was a top student at Villanova University but became ill and hospitalized for a week during the program and they actually asked her to leave. Chris would never do this. She was very accommodating. Also I know they expanded the program to include more students which is going to reduce individual attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks maxmeetmax, that's interesting to know. It's only a 25 min commute and my daughter could save a lot on room/board vs King's in Wilkes-Barre, where she is waiting to know if she got a full scholarship. That seems to be a decent program too. They seem a bit friendlier and accommodating up there. Decisions, decisions.

• 6 months later...

I'm actually starting to feel nervous about the fact that immediately after the (amazing) program director left the program (and apparently took some key people with her), DeSales announced the doubling of its program over 2 years (from 40 to 80 students).  The PANCE results posted on the current website represent Chris Bruce's efforts with a 40-person class.  The transition underway will reveal a lot over the coming years.  I'm just hesitant to jump into this program feet first and am curious to learn more about Chris' new program.  Thoughts? 

• 1 year later...

Oh man, posted that over a year ago before I matched a school.  How time flies.  I've since taken a seat at Chris' new Penn State program; started in May.  

Happy to report we just won the state challenge bowl in Erie, PA.  Final round score 100 to 20!  Not to rub it in, but super exciting!!!  

Archived