Attrition Rate

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know/have a link to official attrition rates, state or country wide?

PANCE rates as well?

Thank you.

The other posters are correct. PA programs must publish info on PANCE pass rates. They are not required to post attrition rates but many do. You can get a sense of the national averages for attrition from the PAEA annual report. I think you can download it here: http://www.paeaonline.org/index.php?ht=d/sp/i/243/pid/243. Tables 25-27 usually have the attrition and withdraw rates by region but the data is not program specific.

• 1 year later...
The other posters are correct. PA programs must publish info on PANCE pass rates. They are not required to post attrition rates but many do. You can get a sense of the national averages for attrition from the PAEA annual report. I think you can download it here: http://www.paeaonline.org/index.php?ht=d/sp/i/243/pid/243. Tables 25-27 usually have the attrition and withdraw rates by region but the data is not program specific.

Does anyone know how I can request attrition rates for a specific course within a program? I am specifically trying to get numbers in regards to a program's gross anatomy withdrawal/failure rates. I asked the register at the school but she told me that those numbers were private. The current 2012 class is about 90 students, and it looks as though 10 students so far have withdrawn due to failing grades. I am trying to figure out whether this is average or high.

Thanks!

I think you might be better off asking after the program's policy on failing a single class. What happens to the students who fail gross anatomy? Obviously they cannot progress through the program (one would think) so are those students considered in the overall attrition rate? Are they recycled into the next class?

Also, some schools blend their students into anatomy classes, so PA students take the class with students from other health programs. Make sure the students withdrawing or failing are from the PA program.

Archived