2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm interviewing on Dec 13th, and I'm extremely nervous. Anyone else interviewing on the 13th?

Honestly, the interview is very laid back... They really want to know if you're a good fit.

Listen, if you're getting an interview that means the Administration likes you! So, get some exercise the night before.. sleep well and review your application :)

Thanks for the tips. Do you have any idea what they consider an ideal applicant?

I HIGHLY recommend going to the Nova-Ft. Lauderdale PA program website and downloading their brochure. Make sure you understand their mission statement/program focus, accreditation, PANCE pass/fail rates and 5 year average, curriculum, clinical rotations, etc. Also, read through all the tabs on the site. I found the FAQ tab to be extremely helpful, and they also specifically answer your question here.

I just interviewed at the school yesterday, and I totally agree with jpagano; my interviewers were very friendly, making it relatively laid back, and I thought it was much more conversational compared to a question/answer format. I felt like the faculty actually cares about their students and wants them to succeed.

The best advice I can give about interviewing here, is to definitely review your application in depth and know specific reasons for why you want to attend their program. I honestly loved the school and faculty, so hopefully I'll hear back with good news! Good luck everyone!!!

i highly recommend going to the nova-ft. Lauderdale pa program website and downloading their brochure. Make sure you understand their mission statement/program focus, accreditation, pance pass/fail rates and 5 year average, curriculum, clinical rotations, etc. Also, read through all the tabs on the site. I found the faq tab to be extremely helpful, and they also specifically answer your question here.

I just interviewed at the school yesterday, and i totally agree with jpagano; my interviewers were very friendly, making it relatively laid back, and i thought it was much more conversational compared to a question/answer format. I felt like the faculty actually cares about their students and wants them to succeed.

The best advice i can give about interviewing here, is to definitely review your application in depth and know specific reasons for why you want to attend their program. I honestly loved the school and faculty, so hopefully i'll hear back with good news! Good luck everyone!!!

awesome advice! Sounds like your rocked the interview! :)

I am planning on applying to NOVA Next year (2012) to be accepted for the class starting in 2013 as I am currently still finishing my B.S degree for Undergrad. I noticed that a bunch of you all have recently been accepted and I congratulate each and every one of you!!!! :=D: If anyone that has recently been accepted can provide me with some advice to help me prepare for the application process, I would be overjoyed as my nerves are starting to tense up. Any tips on Interview Questions, Essays, Letters of Recommendation (who did you ask), etc.

Let me know =) It'd be greatly appreciated. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE ACCEPTED!! I wish I was in your shoes...hopefully one day that will be me! :wink:

I am planning on applying to NOVA Next year (2012) to be accepted for the class starting in 2013 as I am currently still finishing my B.S degree for Undergrad. I noticed that a bunch of you all have recently been accepted and I congratulate each and every one of you!!!! :=D: If anyone that has recently been accepted can provide me with some advice to help me prepare for the application process, I would be overjoyed as my nerves are starting to tense up. Any tips on Interview Questions, Essays, Letters of Recommendation (who did you ask), etc.

Let me know =) It'd be greatly appreciated. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE ACCEPTED!! I wish I was in your shoes...hopefully one day that will be me! :wink:

Apply super early

Know why you want to be a PA and how your philosophy of medical humanism is in align with their mission statement

You need at least 1 PA letter but I had 2

Keep your GPA up

Shadow a bunch of different PAs (that's my recommendation)

Boost up your health care experience

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on the 13th and got my acceptance call earlier today :) I'm so excited!!!! The interview process was definitely laid back, and I felt really comfortable. I was nervous before I started, but once I got in front of the panel they were all smiling and it was very light and conversational. I can't wait to meet everyone!!! Good luck to those still interviewing!!! :)

For those of you who have been accepted:

If you don't mind, can you share your stats?

cGPA?

sGPA?

GRE?

# of healthcare hours? And what type?

When was your app complete by?

Were your prereqs taken at a 4 year university or were any of the science prereqs taken online?

Thanks!

Have you applied this cycle?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived