Contact Info for HCE

When in college I worked for a company providing therapy for children with autism. Government funding was cut and the company is not longer in business. I can not even find any evidence that it ever existed other than my pay stubs. Since I worked directly with the children and rarely saw my "coworkers" or boss, I have no contact info for these people and barely remember their names.

I called CASPA to find out how to fill out the HCE info without a phone number or supervisor name and was told that I could use anyone that could verify my employment there. If I didn't have someone they could contact to verify my information I was not allowed to list the experience. There is one family that still lives in the area and I found a phone number for them, but the parent has not returned my phone calls. Obviously, I don't want to use her contact info without her permission, not to mention it would probably be a HIPAA violation.

I've been sitting on my completed application for over a week while waiting to get in touch with her and have pretty much given up. I don't want to just erase this job from my list. It shows some variety in my experience and without it there's an employment gap.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

When in college I worked for a company providing therapy for children with autism. Government funding was cut and the company is not longer in business. I can not even find any evidence that it ever existed other than my pay stubs. Since I worked directly with the children and rarely saw my "coworkers" or boss, I have no contact info for these people and barely remember their names.

I called CASPA to find out how to fill out the HCE info without a phone number or supervisor name and was told that I could use anyone that could verify my employment there. If I didn't have someone they could contact to verify my information I was not allowed to list the experience. There is one family that still lives in the area and I found a phone number for them, but the parent has not returned my phone calls. Obviously, I don't want to use her contact info without her permission, not to mention it would probably be a HIPAA violation.

I've been sitting on my completed application for over a week while waiting to get in touch with her and have pretty much given up. I don't want to just erase this job from my list. It shows some variety in my experience and without it there's an employment gap.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

This is kind of a sticky situation. I'm not really sure what advice to give you other than to say the experiences that you list will be verified by a background check should you get accepted into a program. I would suggest calling some of the programs that you're applying to and see what they say. I'm sure this is not the first time that your situation has happened.

This is kind of a sticky situation. I'm not really sure what advice to give you other than to say the experiences that you list will be verified by a background check should you get accepted into a program. I would suggest calling some of the programs that you're applying to and see what they say. I'm sure this is not the first time that your situation has happened.

Archived