New Grad...Help with Derm

Apply for every job you see, even if it asks for experience. You never know what will happen. Find a local derm PA group as well as a general PA group and network. Ask everyone you know if they've heard of any openings. Find some good internet job listings (I found my job in derm through craigslist!) and check them every day. Does your school have job listings? Ask your instructors and preceptors if they know of anyone. Also be patient. Derm jobs are few and far between. Good luck.

Apply for every job you see, even if it asks for experience. You never know what will happen. Find a local derm PA group as well as a general PA group and network. Ask everyone you know if they've heard of any openings. Find some good internet job listings (I found my job in derm through craigslist!) and check them every day. Does your school have job listings? Ask your instructors and preceptors if they know of anyone. Also be patient. Derm jobs are few and far between. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
How do I go about applying for derm jobs that request experience when I'm a new graduate with only 2 months of clinical derm rotation experience? I don't want to appear rude for ignoring their request but I would also like a chance at the position.

Just apply. You don't know what kind of response they've gotten, and if they had some terrible candidates. Sell yourself, emphasize what you know and what you can do and just go for it. If they say no then you are in the same place you were before. If they say yes, BINGO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

I am a second year PA student and am interested in going into Derm. We start rotations in about a year and I have already chosen Derm as my top elective choice. I was wondering if anyone has considered or has attended a Derm residency program? If so, what led you to make that decision? Also, are there any other things I can do aside from shadow to help me gain experience in the field? Ie Research? Thank you in advance for you input! Any websites/resources would be appreciated!

Archived