Only 12 spots for 2012 start?

Hi all,

I felt I checked out King's site over and over again before I applied, making sure I met all the requirements blah blah blah. Anyway, today I get an e-mail confirming my application and they say there's less than 12 spots for grad students? I know King's has a 5 year program as well and most of the spots are for those kids, but I was unable to find anything on King's site sort of warning grad students about the limited number of spots. I guess I should have checked the forum before applying. I'm kind of pissed about this. Am I out of line here? I mean, I honestly couldn't find anything on their site!

Hi!!

I got the same emailll!!! I was so confused! They said my application was incomplete because they also want my complete transcripts of my degree, but I clearly remember reading on their website that we have to complete the degree before the school starts in aug 2012 which I will be done with by then. So I don't know what to do now, do I just send my transcript to them because it certainly won't have my senior year grades? Any thoughts?! :S

Hi!!

I got the same emailll!!! I was so confused! They said my application was incomplete because they also want my complete transcripts of my degree, but I clearly remember reading on their website that we have to complete the degree before the school starts in aug 2012 which I will be done with by then. So I don't know what to do now, do I just send my transcript to them because it certainly won't have my senior year grades? Any thoughts?! :S

I mean, I know they have a pre-PA program, and I guess most of the spots are taken up by those students, which is totally fine. I've seen many other programs with a pre-PA track say, "our graduate seats are limited because of the pre-PA students". However, those programs clearly indicate this on their website. I've seen programs say they won't be accepting graduate students because they don't have any spots. I was unable to find this anywhere on King's site. It would have been nice to know that there are only 10 or so seats. I'd like to call and talk to someone about it, but I don't want to push any buttons.

Coolbreeze: I would call and talk to someone. Bring up their site, find what you read, and have someone on the phone to point this out.

I mean, I know they have a pre-PA program, and I guess most of the spots are taken up by those students, which is totally fine. I've seen many other programs with a pre-PA track say, "our graduate seats are limited because of the pre-PA students". However, those programs clearly indicate this on their website. I've seen programs say they won't be accepting graduate students because they don't have any spots. I was unable to find this anywhere on King's site. It would have been nice to know that there are only 10 or so seats. I'd like to call and talk to someone about it, but I don't want to push any buttons.

Coolbreeze: I would call and talk to someone. Bring up their site, find what you read, and have someone on the phone to point this out.

Called Kings and confirmed, only 12 spots for 2012. Good luck on applying without your degree or with classes in progress. From the admin's I've talked to at schools, they generally take people who've completed all pre-requ's and can submit everything at once. This is because the competition is so fierce and they rarely bank on someone who may have good grades in the future or the potential for grades..so to speak. That killed my chances last year. I called schools who rejected and they stated, to many people have everything completed and are ready to go. I do wish you luck though....you never know!!!

Called Kings and confirmed, only 12 spots for 2012. Good luck on applying without your degree or with classes in progress. From the admin's I've talked to at schools, they generally take people who've completed all pre-requ's and can submit everything at once. This is because the competition is so fierce and they rarely bank on someone who may have good grades in the future or the potential for grades..so to speak. That killed my chances last year. I called schools who rejected and they stated, to many people have everything completed and are ready to go. I do wish you luck though....you never know!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a second year King's PA student. When I interviewed it was the end of January- some of my classmates got letters and phone calls way beforehand and others (including myself) got a phone call that week from the office saying they have interview spots available.

As far as the limited # of seats. Yes it is frustrating, but of the hundreds of applications they received- many don't get completed and some don't have all the pre-reqs. If you have decent grades and have a good amount of medical experience that is a definite plus. For those of you still in college, I would say submit your transcript so they have some of your grades or an idea of where your grades are around and then re-send it once your degree is complete. If you are graduating in May, I highly doubt you will have a good shot to start this coming August 2012. They are more likely to extend interviews and acceptances to people that have all the requirements and grades in. Since they have to have every seat filled. They usually have interviews end of January and if they don't fill the class they will have another interview in February. I found out of my acceptance within 1 month of the interview. So by May they have the class picked out already and they are sending you information for the upcoming school year. Prior to starting PA school in August, you have to complete a self-taught online class in Medical Terminology. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived