2012 Applicants

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also waiting to see about a secondary application! No word yet, but based on last years application process and the advisory session I went to people who submitted CASPA early should be hearing about a secondary application soon. Good luck!

Hi ekaplan,

Thanks for the response. Yeah from the email I recieved from Cornell it on the 28th of June the admissions committee had my application. So come this tuesday it will have been two weeks. I am hoping to hear from them soon. Where are you coming from? I myself am from upstate New York. Again, thanks for the response and keep me updated should you hear. Best of Luck!

activebug98 :)

hey! I got an email on that date also. I know that when they get the applications if you do not have the minimum requirements that you are immediately sent a rejection letter. So it could be semi good news that we haven't heard anything yet! Other than that though, once the application is reviewed by I think 2 people they will send a supplemental but not everybody gets one! So I am slightly stressing already just to get a supplemental app ha! I reallyy hope to hear from them this week, I am coming from PA, outside philadelphia area. where else did you apply/are you coming right from undergrad?

ekaplan,

I am from New York. This will be a second career for me, I was a teacher. So because I am a NYS certified teacher I have both a bach and a masters. I don't know if that will help but I am hoping. Who knows, my GRE scores are not competative at all, but the rest of my application is strong. I would say I am well rounded. I have only applied to 2 other schools. Nothing like putting all my eggs in one basket, but here's to hoping. I agree, no news is good news right. Yeah I am hoping that we hear about a secondary application this week. It will be two weeks on tuesday since I recieved the initial email. I was not aware that if your application was incomplete you automatically got a rejection letter. We will see, Cornell is my first choice. I would think secondary apps would be soon too because according to other threads it looked as though first round interviews started in early August last year. I often wonder if they compile a maybe pile and your application sits there while they see the competition come in. Like here is a possible student if we dont like the remianing applicants. A thought, not sure if its accurate but thought it was a possibility. What do you think?

question to those who have already applied. did u report your gre scores on ur inital CASPA app? and what about if you didnt take it already? i have already submitted my application and did not see that if you did not self-report your scores on caspa that your application would be considered incomplete. is anyone else in this position? im wondering if i should even bother sending my gre scores at all if this is the case, since this is the only school ive seen with this stipulation.

Miss Lady 102-

When I went to the advisory session they said that if there were none reported that it was "incomplete". I was a little surprised at that too because no other school seems to have that requirement. I would call there office though and ask, just to be sure.

MissLady102,

Good Luck with this. I honestly don't know what to tell you to do. If you truly desire this progra, send a letter if itcomes down to it. My thought is that its an easy way of weeding people out being that the applicant pool is becoming more and more academically competative. This is just a basic way to say well they don't have it so out they go. I encourage you to do what you can if you truly desire htis program. Good Luck. The process is very nerve wracking for sure.

Still no word and its been two weeks since the initial, more and more stressed but in a good way!

• 2 weeks later...

Current member of the program here...

Miss Lady 102: If this is the program you want, send in a nicely worded letter explaining the situation with your scores. Apologize for the inconvenience this may cause the committee and hope for the best. It won't hurt to send a letter but it *can* help.

Other applicants: Be patient. I remember from the application process that there was just long periods of not hearing anything from Cornell. Unfortunately, an economy of communication during the application process is their modus operandi and it can be quite frustrating for the applicant. It doesn't mean anything bad if you don't hear anything. I know it is hard but focus on your other applications. Study up on PA & general healthcare issues, bone up on your medical terminology, learn how to read an EKG- distract yourself the best you can. Good luck to all of you!

Current member of the program here...

Miss Lady 102: If this is the program you want, send in a nicely worded letter explaining the situation with your scores. Apologize for the inconvenience this may cause the committee and hope for the best. It won't hurt to send a letter but it *can* help.

Other applicants: Be patient. I remember from the application process that there was just long periods of not hearing anything from Cornell. Unfortunately, an economy of communication during the application process is their modus operandi and it can be quite frustrating for the applicant. It doesn't mean anything bad if you don't hear anything. I know it is hard but focus on your other applications. Study up on PA & general healthcare issues, bone up on your medical terminology, learn how to read an EKG- distract yourself the best you can. Good luck to all of you!

Sawatdee,

Thanks for the info. That nice of you to come on here and share that with us. How do you like the program? Cornell is defintiely my top choice and I hope that they see my potential. I cannot wait to get in this field. When I was going through my own medical issues I fell in love with this field, the team approach is my favorite aspect. I like that you have the ability to switch areas; but more specifically I like how closely you work together with other medical professionals. As a patient I cannot tell you how important that is and how comfortable it is for a patient knowing that more than one pair of eyes is working on you. Not only one pair of eyes but the fact that they both are aware of your case.

Again thank you for reaching out! Hopefully soon if the committee see's in me what I hope they do, then I too will be able to say I am attending Cornell!!!!!!!!

Sawatdee,

Thanks for the info. That nice of you to come on here and share that with us. How do you like the program? Cornell is defintiely my top choice and I hope that they see my potential. I cannot wait to get in this field. When I was going through my own medical issues I fell in love with this field, the team approach is my favorite aspect. I like that you have the ability to switch areas; but more specifically I like how closely you work together with other medical professionals. As a patient I cannot tell you how important that is and how comfortable it is for a patient knowing that more than one pair of eyes is working on you. Not only one pair of eyes but the fact that they both are aware of your case.

Again thank you for reaching out! Hopefully soon if the committee see's in me what I hope they do, then I too will be able to say I am attending Cornell!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I am just about to submit my CASPA application and Cornell is one of my top choices. I'd be interested to hear, for those of you who have it as #1, why. Also, it says their deadline is 9/1/11 but they start interviews in August? I am hoping to submit it within the next day or so, hopefully it won't be too late!

Hey guys,

I am just about to submit my CASPA application and Cornell is one of my top choices. I'd be interested to hear, for those of you who have it as #1, why. Also, it says their deadline is 9/1/11 but they start interviews in August? I am hoping to submit it within the next day or so, hopefully it won't be too late!

d.charles.jones

I am not sure any of us are aware of when they actually begin interviews. So far from what I have gathered they will begin sending out secondary applications within the next couple of weeks. So I do not think you are behind the eight ball on this. Why is is one of your top choices?

d.charles.jones

I am not sure any of us are aware of when they actually begin interviews. So far from what I have gathered they will begin sending out secondary applications within the next couple of weeks. So I do not think you are behind the eight ball on this. Why is is one of your top choices?

Archived