2012 Applicants

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same, jms! Hope the process is going well for you. The waiting game is killing me. I'm off to Yale this afternoon, but may have to make a stop by my mailbox before I leave :)
Good luck at Yale! I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago. I think you'll really love the interview process there. It's very laid back, and the students and faculty are very friendly and accommodating! I highly recommend attending the pre-interview dinner at Bar because it is a great chance to meet and talk to current students about the program and life in New Haven! Best of luck!!

Oh ok good spot to be in! I interviewed there today...part good, part not so great (on my part). Does anyone who has interviewed at Cornell know the name of the woman who does the introduction in the beginning? She has curly, light-brown, blondish hair. I cannot remember her name for the life of me and the website doesn't have pictures! Thanks:)

Notified yesterday (11/15) for interview in December (12/12). For those of you that have already been interviewed/accepted:

1. What was the format? ie were there essays, group interviews, group activities, individual (1-on-1) interview, and student discussions? What were the day's events?

2. How many people are interviewed per session?

3. What types of questions were asked by the interviewer(s)?

Also, has anyone heard how many applications were received, how many secondaries were sent, and how many interview invitations were sent? I'm curious how it breaks down and what one's odds might be. For instance, one of my other programs took 1,200 applications, had 200 interview invitations, and has a class of ~60. Thus if you make it to the interview process, you have about a 1 in 3 chance of getting into the program.

Thanks everyone for the info! I hope I can be of help to others, as well. Best of luck! :;;D:

I interviewed on the first interview day, September 2nd. I got my acceptance letter on October 19th :) I'm waiting to hear from some other schools before deciding where I'll go, although I turned in my deposit for Cornell of course.

When I arrived at the interview they gave us a short essay prompt. It was a pretty easy, straightforward prompt. They had coffee, juice, and refreshments for us to munch on. We socialized with the other interviewees for quite awhile. There were 8 interviewees, if I remember correctly. They split us into two groups, one of which did the group interview and the other did individual interviews. We had a group interview with two current students and then they talked to us about the program, so come with lots of questions! Then they gave us a little tour of the PA classroom and stuff. We had two individual interviews, each with one faculty member. I would say be prepared for situational/behavioral questions. Google "behavioral interview questions" if you aren't familiar. They didn't ask me anything too unexpected and my interviewers were really nice. After that the interview was over, which was around 2pm. I don't know how many people applied, how many secondaries they send, or how many people they interview.

I was terrified for my interview because it was my first, but I got calm quickly because everyone was really nice and everything went well. Prepare for common interview questions and be ready to improvise on a few. Just be happy to be there and be yourself like everyone says, and you'll do great!

I interviewed on 11/15. Anxiously awaiting the decision! For those of you that have been accepted, did you get your acceptance via snail mail? Did they send you an email first? I'm waiting for Weill's decision to make my nonrefundable deposit (:-_-:) for another school, but it's due in about 3 weeks. Hopefully when they say beginning of December, they really mean it (: Do you think it's wise for me to call them to ask in the beginning of December just before my other deadline? I don't want to annoy the staff... Thanks everyone!

I interviewed on 11/15. Anxiously awaiting the decision! For those of you that have been accepted, did you get your acceptance via snail mail? Did they send you an email first? I'm waiting for Weill's decision to make my nonrefundable deposit (:-_-:) for another school, but it's due in about 3 weeks. Hopefully when they say beginning of December, they really mean it (: Do you think it's wise for me to call them to ask in the beginning of December just before my other deadline? I don't want to annoy the staff... Thanks everyone!
The ad com meets at the end of each month. They send out waitlist letters before acceptances. You shouldn't expect to hear back from Cornell until December 12th ish. I hope that helps! Best of luck!

Archived