Pre-PA in South Carolina

I am hoping to find a provider to shadow in South Carolina or southern North Carolina areas. Here is a little bit about my background...

I'm a 24 year old Air Force medical technician. I've worked in primary care on base for 2 years in an LPN-type role, and I have recently started working in ambulance operations on base as an EMT-B. In the time that I have been stationed here I have completed the pre-PA coursework (for IPAP at least) and a BS in Liberal Arts. I am also enrolling in USC this Fall to pursue a second BS in Biology in order to delve a little deeper into the sciences. I plan on applying to the Interservice Physician Assistant Program (military PA school) at the beginning of next year. Even though I have healthcare experience, I do not have any substantial shadowing experience per se, except for on occasion when I would observe the providers I worked with perform exams, procedures, etc. I also have very limited experience outside of primary care--basically just the clinical rotations I did in trainnig years ago. I would be extremeley grateful to anyone who would be willing to offer me the opportunity to watch and learn from them. :)

-Adrian

Archived