Part time offer (1 week/month)

I need some advice. I have been approached with an opportunity to work in derm 1 week/month with the potential for it to turn into full time if i became busy enough. I have not received an official offer yet, but am wondering what I should expect for one week of work/month?

I am currently employed FT in Neurology and thus will change my schedule to 3 weeks/month if I take the Derm job. My passion and dream has been to work in Derm, but this is the first time I've had the opportunity. I'm hoping this PT gig will get my foot in the door.

Thoughts??

Here is the offer for one week of work per month:

30% of collections

no bennies

The doc has asked me to come for a one-week "working interview". I feel like once I get up and running that production based bay will be worthwhile, but feel like I need some sort of cushion while I'm getting started. Should I ask for an hourly wage for the first several months?

Here is the offer for one week of work per month:

30% of collections

no bennies

The doc has asked me to come for a one-week "working interview". I feel like once I get up and running that production based bay will be worthwhile, but feel like I need some sort of cushion while I'm getting started. Should I ask for an hourly wage for the first several months?

"working interview" = free labor

you are a licensed professional and should be paid as such

the 30% of collections is NICE and might be worth sucking it up initially - but make sure you are credited with all that you generate - doc's love to hide $$$

"working interview" = free labor

you are a licensed professional and should be paid as such

the 30% of collections is NICE and might be worth sucking it up initially - but make sure you are credited with all that you generate - doc's love to hide $$$

What should I expect in compensation for the one week "working interview"?

Archived