Help!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I really need some advice. I went to a University when I was 17 years old and long story short, I was academically dismissed due to low GPA. At the time, I was dealing with my mother's death. I also don't have much family besides her. I fell into a depression and began suffering from anxiety. I still thought I could deal with school so I went to a community college at home and I still didnt do very well. My gpa was about a 2.0. I was in the process of taking Anatomy and physiology and then my brother passed away in a car accident. Long story short, I never went back to the school. Through all that time of taking classes I never gained enough credits to pass freshman year. So now I am starting fresh. I was on medication and went to therapy and I'm starting at another community college. I'm still considered a freshman.

I know my story sounds like a complete sob story but that IS my story and those are the cards that I was dealt.

My question is, do I even have a chance at getting into a PA school in 4 years?

Could I bring my GPA up in 4 years?

I also have no clue what to major in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That sounds rough. My bet is that if you can do great work over the next four years you could have a good shot of going to school. Besides the awesome grades that you'll work really hard to get, you'll have an amazing personal statement about how you turned your life around to pursue your dream as a PA. Admissions committees are made up of people, and people love a good comeback story.

First off, I'm extremely sorry about your mother and brother. School seems like a nothing thing when you are dealing with that emotional rollercoaster. I hope you are OK now.

Secondly. Get back on track. Keep the goal in mind and continue on with your healthy routine. I'm sure after 3.5 years worth of credits that you can improve your GPA. Shadow. Get HCE and continue on.

Best wishes.

Archived