Slippery Rock University: 2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really don't...Apparently IUP also has one now as well?? Anddd they are requiring rather high GPA's and such for admissions.  Seems to come off as more concerned with pass rates to start with?  Or just another way to weed out "good non traditional" applicants like myself....

Understandable, but the program is basically on Ohio. They are building it over there because it's an underserved area, at least per the research they were citing. I was very impressed with the organization of the program, and the quality of the faculty over there, however, I ended up not accepting because the price of admission vs. the risk of enrollment in a developing program wasn't completely congruent. Think it was around 86k for an out of state resident (and not too much less for in-state).

Cashing in for a questionable experience yeah.

Not terribly uncommon though. Almost every developing program is wanting around 85k from what i've seen. Supply and demand economics, really. Rutgers had almost 3000 applicants this year, I guess you can charge whatever you want when there is someone willing to pay whatever the cost may be. We are still vastly underrepresented in health care. I can only assume that more programs will eventually drive down costs of PA education, and more PAs will give us more than a fraction of NPs lobbying power.

Have you gotten a confirmation for your interview with details of the day? I emailed them back with my date choice of Jan 16th earlier this month and never got a confirmation or anything

Did you email pa.program@sru.edu? I received my invite on Dec. 23rd & responded asking for details so I could make travel arrangements. I received an email with a tentative interview day agenda, applicant info handbook, map, & parking pass attached. The interview day is roughly 8am-4pm (assuming it's the same on the 16th). I'd try to email again or call. Hopefully you'll hear soon!

Did you email pa.program@sru.edu? I received my invite on Dec. 23rd & responded asking for details so I could make travel arrangements. I received an email with a tentative interview day agenda, applicant info handbook, map, & parking pass attached. The interview day is roughly 8am-4pm (assuming it's the same on the 16th). I'd try to email again or call. Hopefully you'll hear soon!

Thanks for the reply! I sent them another email and received this reply 

"I am so sorry. We have had some recent transitions and I am afraid a few things have fallen through the cracks.  We have changed the date for the January interview dates: Jan 8th and January 22nd.  I tried to log onto our new email but cannot get on it. I can try to find the info and get it emailed to you.  Are you available for either of those dates?  We also have February 26th.

Take care,

Diane Frndak"

I have now scheduled my interview date for January 22nd. Hopefully they actually send me a confirmation and details of the day this time.So I guess I will be seeing you then!

Anyone have any idea how many people they are accepting/interviewing?

Thanks for the reply! I sent them another email and received this reply 

"I am so sorry. We have had some recent transitions and I am afraid a few things have fallen through the cracks.  We have changed the date for the January interview dates: Jan 8th and January 22nd.  I tried to log onto our new email but cannot get on it. I can try to find the info and get it emailed to you.  Are you available for either of those dates?  We also have February 26th.

Take care,

Diane Frndak"

I have now scheduled my interview date for January 22nd. Hopefully they actually send me a confirmation and details of the day this time.So I guess I will be seeing you then!

Anyone have any idea how many people they are accepting/interviewing?

I know the class size is set to be 52, but not sure how many seats have been filled so far. Are you familiar with the area? I'll be coming in from TX.

I know the class size is set to be 52, but not sure how many seats have been filled so far. Are you familiar with the area? I'll be coming in from TX.

52 is the class size. Unsure how many acceptances/seats have been filled thus far. I live pretty close to the school and I actually work as an emt in Harrisville and surrounding area where the program facility will be located! If you have any questions about the area feel free to message me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I am from NY but will be coming from DE, which is where I'm currently living. I'm not that familiar with the area as its pretty far from me. I'll be driving up the day before. Sounds like @sej5148 knows the area well though. 

@sej5148 Congrats on the acceptance! Hope to be in your shoes as well! Maybe we'll be classmates

I am from NY but will be coming from DE, which is where I'm currently living. I'm not that familiar with the area as its pretty far from me. I'll be driving up the day before. Sounds like @sej5148 knows the area well though.

@sej5148 Congrats on the acceptance! Hope to be in your shoes as well! Maybe we'll be classmates

Best of luck to you both!! Hopefully we'll be classmates![emoji1]

December 11th! Just be yourself! It was a very laid back day. Everyone was very nice and welcoming! Super excited for the program!!

Hey Girl :) Just wanted to ask how many students were in your group interview and also how many students {total} you think were invited to the Interview Day you attended! My interview is January 8th, I'm getting pretty excited! 

Hey Girl :) Just wanted to ask how many students were in your group interview and also how many students {total} you think were invited to the Interview Day you attended! My interview is January 8th, I'm getting pretty excited!

5! It's more like just a discussion group! I had 20 students at my interview approximately!

December 11th! Just be yourself! It was a very laid back day. Everyone was very nice and welcoming! Super excited for the program!!

I'm sorry I'm asking people these questions about the interview but how did the group portion go? And what kinds of questions did they ask for your personal interview?

I've been to a pretty cut throat group interview and it was so nerve wracking, the group interview was terrible and pinned students against one another to prove their viewpoints.

Archived