Degree needed to work

Hello!

I have just recently started researching this occupation and i have one main question. Bare with my now, i am a newbie. The answer might just be under my nose but i can't seem to make any sense of it, it's all very foggy to me. So, question is, can you work as a physician assistant in CA with just an Associates?

I understand all employers looks for different aspects in a someone, but i just want to know if you CAN. :=D:

Hope this is the right pdf. http://www.aapa.org/images/stories/california.pdf A California license requires completion of an ARC-PA accredited program and passage of the PANCE.

I think a significant number of the PA workforce trained in California before 1998 graduated with a certificate or AS. They are still working. Most current grads with a certificate or AS are working. There isn't anything on the five year horizon that I have seen that indicates a change in this. Like a change in the PA practice Act. It may change by what employers want to do, but I haven't seen that trend yet.

Les

Thanks guys! You guys are a big help. Emedpa: do you mind me asking what degree/certification you have?

I got a BS from my pa program and went back to the postgrad program at nebraska to get my mpas 2 yrs after graduation. my work paid for it and I was able to do it while working full time.

when I went to pa school there were only 2 ms level pa programs out of 52 total. I already had a prior bs in medical anthro but didn't really care about the ms at the time, just getting the training and certification. I would have gone to an a.s. or cert. program if one had been convenient at the time.

Archived