Which is better: Exam Master, DataChem OR Kaplan Online questions???

Ok so I'm trying to figure out which test question bank to buy so I can better prepare myself for the exam this 4th time around which I am GOING to pass no matter what.

What I've noticed is that the ExamMaster CD contains 2500 questions whereas the DataChem has only 850 questions. I've also heard that ExamMaster questions are slightly difficult.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Feel free to email me at pshypyre@yahoo.com for any tips or advice should you choose not to post.

Personally, I found ExamMaster to be largely ridiculous. Much preferred Kaplan and DataChem.

True, ExamMaster questions are definitely longer and more complicated than most, but I found the program to be invaluable to my PANCE prep. The explanations are usually quite detailed and include the reference they came from. On the other hand, DataChem questions are formatted more like PANCE questions without as much extra info thrown in, and the explanations are clear and concise. I have not looked at Kaplan.

I believe MKSAP is a fantastic internal medicine educational tool, but I think it goes above and beyond what is needed for the PANCE. I'm shelving mine until after the PANCE.

Agree with above, exam-master is wordy and unnecessary. DataChem, Old packrats, and AAPA are what I'm going with.

• 1 month later...

I am just a student, but my program uses Exam Master to create our examinations in clin med and our end of rotation exams. I have been using the online program and I find it very helpful with the explanations given, although it can make you feel slightly stupid sometimes... Just my .02 cents.

I just took the PANCE a week and a half ago. I did not use DataChem, but did use Exam Master and Kaplan. I thought the EM questions were much more similar to the PANCE questions than the Kaplan question bank. I also thought that the Kaplan questions were much harder and not as relevant for me to prepare for the PANCE. For sure the AAPA book was a great outline that really hit on the material in the PANCE, and I thought the AAPA had the best question bank.

True, ExamMaster questions are definitely longer and more complicated than most, but I found the program to be invaluable to my PANCE prep. The explanations are usually quite detailed and include the reference they came from. On the other hand, DataChem questions are formatted more like PANCE questions without as much extra info thrown in, and the explanations are clear and concise. I have not looked at Kaplan.

Kaplan is more similar to EM, detailed explanations of both the right and wrong answers. Both Kaplan and EM seem more designed for med students, with a lot of obscure stuff, but I really enjoy that and there was enough mainstream to keep me happy. Whatever extra aids people decide on, the AAPA book and question banks are invaluable for keeping focused.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived