Does this make sense?

Hello,

I am considering ending my conclusion paragraph with the sentence: 

Driven toward a future as a PA, I look forward to knowing more from an insider’s perspective as my education continues.

I'm worried this makes it sound like I don't know what the hell I'm getting myself into.  Of course, throughout the rest of my statement, I talk about my experiences in the healthcare field, my time shadowing PAs and how those things led me to want to become a PA. But what I am trying to convey with this sentence is "Yes, I want to be a PA. No, I do not KNOW what it's like to BE one, so that's why i am excited to go to PA school - so that I can have the opportunity to fulfill and truly know the role of a PA." Does that make sense?  Thoughts?

Note: I really dislike the "I look forward to...."  part of it as I can sense that is a really cliche phrase to use in a conclusion of a personal statement, but I didn't know how else to phrase it without using too many words.

Thank you for your feedback.

Driven toward a future as a PA, I look forward to knowing more from an insider’s perspective as my education continues.

What about: 

Looking towards a future as a PA, I am driven into knowing more from an insider's perspective as my education evolves 

Just a thought. I'm not sure if Driven is part of your overall theme of your statement. 

@Bfreeskier: Ooh, that does avoid the whole "look forward to..." issue I have. The sentence doesn't relate to any theme (except "Why PA" I guess), it's just a general statement I'm thinking about ending on. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll work with it.

@kris6026, Haha probably, but I don't feel comfortable posting my entire statement. I just wanted people's general opinion on the sentence, I was hoping it doesn't come off sounding like  "I don't know what the hell I'm getting myself into, but I'm gonna go for it" 

Personally, I don't like it for the very reason you offered. It's like saying "I look forward to finding out what airline pilots actually do", when applying to become a pilot. You should already know that from your shadowing experience. And you shouldn't be driven. You should be the driver. You could say, "As I prepare for the next step in my career..."

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't like it for the very reason you offered. It's like saying "I look forward to finding out what airline pilots actually do", when applying to become a pilot. You should already know that from your shadowing experience. And you shouldn't be driven. You should be the driver. You could say, "As I prepare for the next step in my career..."

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Ah yes, thank you. I just needed one person to confirm that it sounded weird, so I ended up changing the ending sentence. Thanks for the feedback!

Archived