Expungement and signing up for PANCE

Hello all,

I was wondering what exactly the NCCPA wants to know about a criminal record?

I was never convicted and I had my record expunged a few years ago, but I was wondering if the NCCPA specifically asks anything about an expunged record or dropped charges when signing up to take the PANCE?

Having a lot of anxiety about this. 

Thanks.

@ MrEven, my lawyer said I have to say yes if NCCPA specifically asks about expungement, so my question is to those who have already signed up to take the PANCE; does that application specifically ask about having a record expunged? 

I knew a mistake 6 years ago would come and bite me in the rear end. I wish it would all just go away.

:(

I have met with an attorney regarding this issue however in more general scope, I am pre-pa. He went through the step by step process with me and he specifically mentioned that when I sign up to take PANCE they are only concerned about what has happened between attending PA program and signing up for PANCE. In other words, if your PA program deemed you qualified to enter and complete rotations all the PANCE cares about is if you've gotten in trouble since being accepted to PA school. He didn't say if they ask about expungement or only about convictions but in either case you should be fine since they are only asking about since you've entered PA school.

My state licensing application specifically states "If you have formally expunged a criminal record you do not need to disclose that criminal history. "

Was just curious if anyone remembers NCCPA asking about expunged records. I'll be eligible to sign up here within a few weeks and just wanted some peace of mind. I know they ask about convictions, just not sure if they specifically ask about expungements. 

:( 

I'm also wondering the same. Years ago I had a charged (not convicted ) of DUI. The way it was asked on the NCCPA sign up , I had to answer "yes". I received an email asking for documentation on the incident; is sending the "record exists, no conviction " letter from the state sufficient ? Will this have a detrimental affect on my license in the long run ? I am really freaking out!!

Archived