Sign in to follow this  
monical44

Looking for clinical rotations in Boise, ID

Hey all!

My name is Monica Laguna and I am currently a first year physician assistant student at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, NY. I am interested in moving to and practicing in Idaho after graduation in August 2016 and if it is at all possible, I would like to set up some clinical rotations for my second year (2015-2016) in the Boise, ID area.

If there is an currently practicing MD, PA, or NP that is willing to precept a student in the Boise area, please let me know! I have documents that are readily available if you need further information on my program or myself.

Thank you for your help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By tareyng
      I am taking a gap year following my undergraduate at the University of Idaho, and applying this cycle in May of 2019. I am terrified of being denied entry, I feel that there isn't much that stands out in my application. I am doing an impressive internship this summer, but will be applying before it begins. I hope to matriculate into a surgical career, but am keeping my options open at this point. Please give me your 100% candid feedback. I'm an Idaho resident, from a medically underserved area btw. 
      cGPA: 3.54
      sGPA: 3.5
      Paid PCE: ~800 hours as a surgical floor CNA
      Unpaid PCE: 221.25 hours ED volunteer 
      Scribe Hours: 45 hours Free clinic 
      PA shadowing: 80 hours (FP, Surgical Speciality)
      MD shadowing: 15 hours (FP, Orthopedic Surgeon) 
      Volunteer hours: ~300 Muscular Dystrophy Association, Environmental, Greek 
      Definitely applying to: Northern Arizona, Samuel Merritt University, Western University of Health Sciences, Idaho State University, Cornell University, PACE University (Lenox Hill) 
      Maybe applying to: Carroll University, Salus University, Sullivan University, Albany Medical College, Touro University 
    • By paapplicant2018
      Hi all! I am really struggling narrowing down the list of schools I want to apply to. I have already weeded out those that don't offer a masters, those where I do not fit the pre-requisites, and those that are too rural. I am not picky on location, but I would like to be somewhere suburban or urban. I also would like to be somewhere that the clinical rotations are not a very far drive (I am having trouble figuring this out because it is not explicitly listed on most schools' websites). I am mostly struggling to eliminate schools because I am worried about not getting in. I graduate this semester from a great school and will be applying as soon as the application is released. I am most concerned with my limited shadowing hours and limited service to under-represented populations. Here are my stats for applications:

3.63 GPA, Physiology major that has taken many upper-level biology courses, only alarming grades are C+ in Organic Chem 2 LAB and Gen Chem 2 LAB (My last 64 hour GPA is higher), only 18 shadowing hours (going to get 8 more hopefully before application), probably about 200 community service hrs (haven't fully calculated), 3-5 strong letters of rec lined up, 150 Verbal GRE, 157 Quant, 4.5 Writing, and roughly 3,000 clinical hours before matriculation. 

I am extremely worried about getting in, and this is making it difficult to narrow my options. I would like to apply to schools that I think I have a realistic chance of getting into. The following are the schools I am interested in. Does anyone have any advice on narrowing down my search? I have over 60 schools listed that I would consider applying for, but the following are my favorites:

University of Utah, University of Colorado, Arcadia University, Rush University, Mercer University, Butler, LSU, Augsburg University, PCOM, DeSales University, Penn State, UT San Antonio, Elon, MCPHS, Emory, UT Southwestern, Baylor and Eastern Virginia Medical. 

Please please please any help or advice is welcome! I am so stressed!! 
    • By pajourney
      I recently wrote a blog post describing a typical day for me in PA school. Hope you find it useful and that it gives you an honest understanding of what PA school is like. I did one post for didactic year and one for clinical year. Enjoy!
      Didactic Year
      Clinical Year
    • By emcne1
      Hi, I am a physician assistant student in Boston, Massachusetts. I will be starting my clinical rotations this coming May and am searching for clinical rotations in the Kansas City area. I am hoping to move to KC after graduation so I would love to do a rotation around that area. Does anyone know any PAs/MDs in the Kansas City area that are willing to precept students for any of their rotations? Or any tips on how to set up an out of state rotation? Thanks!
    • By ryanbradfordclark
      Hi all,
      I am crafting a letter to some schools to see if they would accept my role as a clinical systems educator as clinical hours. It is a fairly unique role with new EMRs coming out like our big Cerner implementation in Concord, New Hampshire. Do you think Clinical Education counts towards clinical hours? I highlighted where I discuss my job so no need to read through the whole thing.
      Dear (SCHOOL),
      My professional goal is to pursue a career as a surgical physician assistant and I am most interested in your program at Tufts.  My request of you is to consider my current work as filling some of the direct patient care requirements.  I had a unique opportunity presented to me this past year which has impacted notable time I have to work my other position as an EMT.  I had worked at Concord Hospital as a scribe in the emergency department and based on my interactions with the staff I was contacted to be considered for a role as a clinical system educator.  This was a new position created as the organization transferred from the current Legacy systems to an integrated Cerner electronic health record.  This offer was very intriguing; I have worked full time as a clinical system educator during the transition which occurred on December 1, 2017.
      The position includes training new users on the Cerner system as well as providing at the elbow support during the implementation phase.  I have worked with all levels of clinical staff and have learned much about the interdependencies of the various clinical disciplines.  I have had significant contact with providers helping them navigate the new system to deliver patient care.  This support includes all aspects of using the EMR including computerized provider order entry and clinical documentation.  I also have been front-line support in the emergency department and in the operating room giving me unique perspectives on the complexity of care delivered in these areas.
      As your website states, “The Admissions Committee is looking for direct patient care experience that will allow candidates to mature, experience whether health care is the right career path for them, and be exposed to the types of duties and functions that a healthcare professional provides.” I feel strongly that my role as a clinical educator encompasses these standards.
      I do have direct patient care experience as an EMT and as a medical technician during a medical mission to Guatemala.  My total direct patient care hours prior to my current job are about 1000 hours.  I plan to continue to do EMT work but my current time is limited because of the job demands as a clinical system educator, preparing for my upcoming MCAT exam, and for filling my military requirements.  I will accumulate more hours but would still like to apply to your program and would like your consideration to count my current clinical system educator hours towards this requirement.
      Thank you for your consideration,

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More