No luck in the RI/MA area. Suggestions/Help?

I have been looking for PAs to shadow for over a month and have had no luck hearing back from anywhere. I have called, emailed, and dropped letters off to various places and have not heard anything. As expected, it's really discouraging and I have to complete the shadowing for the upcoming cycle that opens in a month. Any suggestions of places or PAs in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is there a state PA group for where you're looking? I had great returns from mailing physical letters, but they were to individual PAs at a practice by name, not just a general letter to the practice. Recently someone made a post about reaching out alumni from your school on Linkdin to find local PAs. 

On a side note, don't look at shadowing as just putting a check in the box on your application. I've got 10+ years of HCE, a lot with PAs. I tried my darnedest to shadow PAs in areas of medicine I was unfamiliar with and learned a lot that I can apply to any interviews. Plus, when the PAs I wanted to shadow saw I had an actual interest in what they did, they were much more willing to talk about their experiences, give advice and offer up LORs before I even asked. 

Thanks for the response. I'm not necessarily looking for specific PAs, but one in primary care and one in a specialty is what I'm hoping for. All were general letters as I don't know who the PAs are (majority of sites do not list their PAs). Unfortunately Linkedin is not an option because I attended a small school in a different state. I stopped by local clinics and they said they do not allow shadowing.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to MAPA then PAshadowing and it brings u to this website pashadowonline.com create an account and it shows you PAs who will let you shadow them. It says to sign up for an available date on there ( there's a calendar) however I would just email them because I did and they answered

Archived