does prereq grade matter after an acceptance?

I'm currently taking a prerequisite course (A&P 2) for a PA school that I already got accepted to. I mixed up a test date in that class and took a test without studying at all and got a C.  I'm a little worried that my performance in this course will affect my matriculation status. 

Does anyone know how much the prereq course grade matters after you get an acceptance? 

I am in the same boat as you are. I am currently taking A&P 2 and Biochemistry, which are both pre requisites for the program I was recently accepted to. As far as I know, you just need a grade of C or better in order to still matriculate? This could differ from program to program but I'm guessing that's pretty common.

I would really try to get the highest grade possible in the class, especially if the Philosophy of the instructor is clinical application. From what I have learned, by talking to many people who have taken this course, is that it's taught two ways. Either you are tested straight forward from information out of the book, or you have to apply what you know towards clinical situations depending on the Professor you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Most schools have a minimum grade for prereqs (usually a C) that you have to achieve. As long as you hit that and stay above the minimum gpa you will be fine:) make sure to check though because for the school I'm matriculating in the minimum for prereqs is a B-

Archived