Riverside Class graduating in 2013!

Hi classmates, just a quick question regarding our physical exam. Do we only turn in the form that was given to us at orientation? Or do we need to also turn in a copy of our health care provider's physical exam form as well? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOlive: In my year, they just wanted the forms provided at the orientation. Read them carefully, my physician had some trouble filling them out right and if I hadn't caught it, I would've had to go back. A lot of people ended up screwing them up, actually. And I called that lady, (Is it still Judy Baxter? Did I even get her name right?) a couple times to be sure when a weird situation arose.

Fyrelight: Sounds fun! It's a good idea to take a ton of daytrips and go to a ton of good restaurants and such this summer, budget-allowing. Reina (my wife) and I did a big cruise around Alaska just before the program started and we both still look upon it fondly.

footprintx, So if I remember and understand correctly are we going to be 'called in' before the health forms deadline so they school can check to see if our paperwork is in order and give us time to go back to our physicians in case they filled it out wrong? I had a difficult time getting them to Stamp AND sign each immunization, only wanted to stamp :/

• 4 weeks later...

my medical and background are all done. no books yet because the list isnt out. no supplies yet either, but i need to get in gear because august 29th will be here before we know it! ill probably go up to mo val and get my lab coat and whatever else either next week or the week after.

I've got all the health stuff done. No word on the book list though or the appointment to turn in our healthforms. Anyone know when our summer workshop is?

I just got an email from Stefini today. Summer workshop will be the first day of class in August (cancelled for the summer I guess), and there will be no health appt; our health forms are due August 1st. Email me your email directly and I'll forward you her message... I'm pamelajeanwhiteley@hotmail.com .

I have everything done except books and equipment. I will probly buy books on amazon.com or something as soon as we get the list. I have already bought the small misc equipment stuff like lab coat, eye chart, tunning forks, tape meassure, scissors, stethescope

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pass along something about buying textbooks that might help. Sign up for Borders Rewards(it's free) and they email coupons weekly. I recently got a 50% off coupon. These coupons can be used online in their textbook section. I pre-ordered the new edition of Harrison's for $100 instead of $200. Hope this helps. Of course, I would always shop around a little on other sites just to make sure you are getting the best deal. But 50% off a new edition is hard to beat. Also, most of the coupons they send are for 30% off. Not bad.

Hopefully a helpful message for everyone. I went doen to the school today and found out some info from the PA office. Both Dr. Middleton and Stefani were there. They informed me that a packet will be sent out to us specifically about obtaining loans for the program. In addition, information will be sent to us on how to go about registering for the classes. While I was there I decided to drop off my health forms. Just want to let everyone know that even if you have been immunized and have your immunization record, this does not clear you for the titers. The titers are mandatory regardless if you have your immunization record proving that you have already been immunized. I didn't realize this and now have to go back to my "PA" tomorrow and start getting the rest of my titers done. Hopefully if anyone else didn't realize this, the info will help you out. Last thing, I spoke with Heather Morse over email today. I asked if we could go ahead and get our coats embroidered now because I have noticed that when you buy the coats, most places offer the embroidery cheap or free. She said, yes. The embroidering just has to be 1/4 inch above the left breast pocket. It must be in Navy Blue or Black and the font must be legible. Here is an example of what should be embroidered. Ex: Joann Enderica, PA-S. Heather specified that the comma must be there exactly as I typed it. Hope this helps everyone, I know its a lot to get done. Oh, by the way, Borders is going completely out of business, so when we get our book list it might help to check out their discounts on textbooks online.

Hopefully a helpful message for everyone. I went doen to the school today and found out some info from the PA office. Both Dr. Middleton and Stefani were there. They informed me that a packet will be sent out to us specifically about obtaining loans for the program. In addition, information will be sent to us on how to go about registering for the classes. While I was there I decided to drop off my health forms. Just want to let everyone know that even if you have been immunized and have your immunization record, this does not clear you for the titers. The titers are mandatory regardless if you have your immunization record proving that you have already been immunized. I didn't realize this and now have to go back to my "PA" tomorrow and start getting the rest of my titers done. Hopefully if anyone else didn't realize this, the info will help you out. Last thing, I spoke with Heather Morse over email today. I asked if we could go ahead and get our coats embroidered now because I have noticed that when you buy the coats, most places offer the embroidery cheap or free. She said, yes. The embroidering just has to be 1/4 inch above the left breast pocket. It must be in Navy Blue or Black and the font must be legible. Here is an example of what should be embroidered. Ex: Joann Enderica, PA-S. Heather specified that the comma must be there exactly as I typed it. Hope this helps everyone, I know its a lot to get done. Oh, by the way, Borders is going completely out of business, so when we get our book list it might help to check out their discounts on textbooks online.

thats very helpful information about the packet with loans and how to register for the classes. thank you for that. i got my two coats today and i got them embroidered as well. i went to Life Uniform in the Tyler mall and the selection for mens coats wasnt very much at all, but the store in san bernardino had my size so that was good. it wasnt too bad of a drive from tyler to there. the brand of coat i got was just the "life" store brand. super comfortable and thin so it wont get too hot. the coats were $22.99 a piece ($49.66 total) which isnt too bad because i thought they were going to be way expensive. i guess the coats at loma linda are a bit thicker, so they will get hotter and itll be hard to move around in them because we will be moving A LOT in them during our physical exams, i also got my embroidery done at Cap World in the moreno valley mall. i got "arial black" font. simple, bold, easy to read so id recommend that. it was $8 a coat ($17.24 total) and was done in like 20 minutes. i think thats all. i know all of that was in an email ms. morse sent out before, but just wanted to let everyone know.

thats very helpful information about the packet with loans and how to register for the classes. thank you for that. i got my two coats today and i got them embroidered as well. i went to Life Uniform in the Tyler mall and the selection for mens coats wasnt very much at all, but the store in san bernardino had my size so that was good. it wasnt too bad of a drive from tyler to there. the brand of coat i got was just the "life" store brand. super comfortable and thin so it wont get too hot. the coats were $22.99 a piece ($49.66 total) which isnt too bad because i thought they were going to be way expensive. i guess the coats at loma linda are a bit thicker, so they will get hotter and itll be hard to move around in them because we will be moving A LOT in them during our physical exams, i also got my embroidery done at Cap World in the moreno valley mall. i got "arial black" font. simple, bold, easy to read so id recommend that. it was $8 a coat ($17.24 total) and was done in like 20 minutes. i think thats all. i know all of that was in an email ms. morse sent out before, but just wanted to let everyone know.

I still need to get my coats. I bought a new stethoscope recently and made sure it was the right Welch Allyn one... I just need the pediatric attachments now for it. Oh, and my boss used her supplier to buy me a going away present... an otoscope kit from Welch Allyn! It should be here before I move. I still have all the extra supplies, but the main expensive part is paid for, yay. Things are wrapping up, huh?

I still need to get my coats. I bought a new stethoscope recently and made sure it was the right Welch Allyn one... I just need the pediatric attachments now for it. Oh, and my boss used her supplier to buy me a going away present... an otoscope kit from Welch Allyn! It should be here before I move. I still have all the extra supplies, but the main expensive part is paid for, yay. Things are wrapping up, huh?

Sorry to butt in but I have a question and I'm hoping one of you guys can answer this.... for the prereq I didnt take Math 35 but a higher math... do I have to take math 35 to get into this program?? I tried calling the school but they arent picking up. I would totally appreciate your help?

Sorry to butt in but I have a question and I'm hoping one of you guys can answer this.... for the prereq I didnt take Math 35 but a higher math... do I have to take math 35 to get into this program?? I tried calling the school but they arent picking up. I would totally appreciate your help?

Usually higher is okay. I think the requirement is Intermediate algebra, but like you, I skipped that and took regular college algebra. I did the same thing for some of the other prereqs; I took general chem instead of introductory chem.

Hey, does anyone know where we get our badges for our coats?

Usually higher is okay. I think the requirement is Intermediate algebra, but like you, I skipped that and took regular college algebra. I did the same thing for some of the other prereqs; I took general chem instead of introductory chem.

Hey, does anyone know where we get our badges for our coats?

Archived