Second career - confused/worried about old/lower pre-reqs counting

Good morning everyone!  I'm working to apply in the 2015-2016 cycle, but coming at it out of a previous life/career as a IT/Mgt Consultant with an MBA and a Biology background (was pre-med for 3 years before changing).  I worked in consulting for 8 years before leaving in early 2013 to work to be a PA.  I have been taking courses that I missed originally (A&P 1 &2, Biochem, etc) but also completed many of common prereqs during my time as an undergrad from 1998-2001.  During that time, I took 1000-3000 level biology courses (above Bio 1 & 2).

Aside from the courses I'm taking now which I know will count towards my pre-reqs, if a school requires something like Bio 1, and I completed them or even courses well beyond those levels, do I need to go back and take those entry courses again or does my experience and degrees obtained now superceed that?  Taking biochem and organic to me would show that Chem 1 and 2 weren't necessary, etc.  I really hope that I don't have to delay applying to take Bio 1 and Chem 1, but I wanted to see before I made any decisions.

Thanks for all of your help!

I never took bio 1 or 2.. I started with zoo 1 and 2.  I did not have to take them as prerequisites.  I don't know about chem 1 and 2 as those are usually prereqs for organic, at least for me they were. I was accepted for 2015 so not taking bio is not a problem as long as you took Zoo 1 and 2, etc.  The best thing to do is call them and ask them.  They can tell you what counts for what and so on.  Good luck!

All I know is that the LAST prereq I took was Gen Chem 1 because it had been 40 years since I took in in undergrad. I had a year of organic and also biochem that was far more recent but the schools insisted on another quarter of  good old gen chem.

Bite the bullet; you can do this!

Archived