In need of advice for 2016 application cycle

Hi guys, I have just recently graduated from UCDavis as a neurobiology major with a 3.1 cumulative gpa and 3.1 science gpa. Got C on all my organic chemistry courses which im planning on retaking at a CC. My prerequisite GPA for the programs i want to apply to is 3.7 (3.5 if ochem is included as a prerequisite.)

My HCE are

EMT 1300hrs

pharmacy tech 200hrs

EMT volunteer 500hrs

PA/Doctor shadowing 40hrs

What are my chances on getting into PA school with this stats? And what part do I need to improve on since I have about a year before submitting the application.

Thanks for the help.

This is going to depend completely on the program(s) you want to apply to. It is difficult for anyone to answer the general 'what are my chances' question because it will change from program to program. 

I recommend you do some research on each program, specifically on their matriculating class statistics. This will help you gauge where you stand in terms of healthcare hours and GPA averages. 

Best of luck,
Danielle

Archived