Have you taken Biochem online at Kansas St Univ??

Has anyone taken biochemistry online at Kansas State University?

Was a proctor required for any exams or any portion of the class?

I have read that the instructor is pretty much persona non grata and you must learn the material yourself. Were you able to do the homework and exams by following the text?

Any advice or tips?

Thanks!

They're taken online and open book but were the type of exams where you would be screwed if you didn't watch the lectures or do some studying. This was a few years ago though, so it may have changed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'd sure hope that a person would be screwed if they didn't actually study and watch the lectures. Otherwise, it would mean it's a joke class. It always makes me wonder when I see professor ratings and people give reviews that say how impossible the class is, how difficult the professor was, or how challenging the exams had been...what type of student gave that review and how much effort did the student put forth into the class?

Anyway, I'm seriously considering this class because it seems feasible to fit biochem into my schedule this way.

They're taken online and open book but were the type of exams where you would be screwed if you didn't watch the lectures or do some studying. This was a few years ago though, so it may have changed.

This is what I read about the class. That he put some oddball questions on there that weren't really relevant to the class. Do you still have a copy of the syllabus somewhere by chance? Or, do you remember what the grade was comprised of?

Thanks!

This is what I read about the class. That he put some oddball questions on there that weren't really relevant to the class. Do you still have a copy of the syllabus somewhere by chance? Or, do you remember what the grade was comprised of?

Thanks!

That wasn't my experience. From what I remember, the class was very conceptual. One needed to understand the concept of a topic in order to apply it to questions, rather than just memorizing individual facts. I do better with classes like that and had no problem making an A. I don't remember thinking any questions were off the wall.

Sorry, I don't have a syllabus or remember the breakdown. You could try emailing the professor. Who is teaching it?

That wasn't my experience. From what I remember, the class was very conceptual. One needed to understand the concept of a topic in order to apply it to questions, rather than just memorizing individual facts. I do better with classes like that and had no problem making an A. I don't remember thinking any questions were off the wall.

Sorry, I don't have a syllabus or remember the breakdown. You could try emailing the professor. Who is teaching it?

Gerald Reeck. Is that who taught yours? I emailed him about 10 days ago and haven't heard back yet.

Gerald Reeck. Is that who taught yours? I emailed him about 10 days ago and haven't heard back yet.

Yep! I thought his lectures were really good and he was responsive to questions. It was easily in my top 5 favorite undergrad classes. Maybe he is slow to answer because of the holidays.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Archived