Average GPA for accepted and waitlisted

Guest life4ever

Guest life4ever

Can everyone who was accepted or waitlisted recently give their overall GPA and science GPA without grade forgiveness? Was much more emphasis put on science for acceptance? Did having a F on a transcript significantly decrease your chances of being accepted, if it was just one? Thanks

• 1 year later...

Firstly, most of the people who are actively posting on this section of the forum are either waiting to hear back from the school or waiting to get interviewed. So I doubt theres anyone who has been fully "Accepted" yet...

Secondly, this thread is from 2008....I have not seen a RECENT post from any current student or recent grad from the MDC program. As soon as people start getting accepted I'm sure we will be posting GPA's, healthcare experience and all that good stuff.

Also please refrain from being lame and expecting an answer within an hour on a post thats been dead for 2+ years, especially when its the first post you ever put on this forum...

Thank you for your time.

I was just accepted and my overall gpa was 3.6 and my science gpa was 3.8. Although gpa is important, I think they factor a number of things when choosing applicants, ie gpa, health care experience, how well you score on the entrance exam, and how well you do in the interview.

Hi! i wasn't accepted to this program but to a program in CA, my overall gpa was 3.8 and science gpa was 3.9, i had both health-related and non-health related community service with a leadership position, was involved in research at my university, and worked as an emt for some months, didn't take any tests and i think i did okay on my interview because i received an acceptance 2 days after my interview

I was just accepted into the MDC PA program. My undergrad GPA is 4.0, my masters GPA is 3.42 and my GPA for the science pre-req courses (A&P 1 and 2, Chemistry and Microbio plus labs) is 3.8. I have been a counselor for cancer patients for 6 years and a medical research grant reviewer for the D.O.D. for 3 years. What I think helped me the most is I got over 300 hours shadowing 2 P.A.'s, one in the E.D. at CSMC and one in Orthopaedic/Neurosurgery at CCF.

I have been accepted aswell. My overall gpa is 3.64, science is 3.8. I work for the Medical Director of the ER for a big hospital system. I work with over-weight/obese pts for the most part. Shadowed 2 PA's. One in Urology, one in Derm > 100 hrs. Volunteered > 500hrs Including a Mission to Peru. I believe what helped me was during the interview. I prepared before hand and answered their questions well. I can tell they were impressed with some of my answers.

I agree it's not just gpa. They are looking for a well rounded individual.

• 1 month later...
Guest Galithack

Hey guys!!

I got into this year's program, I dont have such an impressive GPA, 3.5 overall and 3.4 in sciences, though it was my 2nd year applying in a row and I have been working in the health field for a while.. Also I did really well on thier entrance exam and writing essay- if you want to get in, you must study the book they suggest and do well on the exam.

Good luck guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Hey guys!!

I got into this year's program, I dont have such an impressive GPA, 3.5 overall and 3.4 in sciences, though it was my 2nd year applying in a row and I have been working in the health field for a while.. Also I did really well on thier entrance exam and writing essay- if you want to get in, you must study the book they suggest and do well on the exam.

Good luck guys!

And what book is that?

• 1 year later...

Completion of the general education courses with GPA of 2.5 or higher.

*Completion of the required natural sciences courses with GPA of 2.7 or above, taken within the last five years of application to the PA Program

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Course

[/TD]

[TD=width: 298]Course Title

[/TD]

[TD=width: 94]Credits

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]General Education Core Courses (15 credits)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ENC 1101

[/TD]

[TD]English Composition 1

[/TD]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SPC 1017*