DEA application

I apologize for one last new grad question ... maybe the forum could create a new grad section to keep these types of questions separate?

I have unofficially-officially agreed to my first position. When I inquired about beginning my DEA application, I was told that they will take care of it there when I start. I thought that we do our own application online. I've also heard horror stories of people getting their DEA and then moving on, so maybe they're trying to avoid such a scenario? Any other thoughts? I'm thinking of calling back tomorrow to clarify, even though they're already writing up the Letter of Agreement and I've already declined other offers. This probably isn't a big deal or anything weird, right?

Well, thank you very much. It will be FM/IM, solo in a rural clinic. A lot of responsibility, but good Docs and I feel confident. I think there might actually be another PA or two around as well. There's sure to be a few rough patches ahead, but here's to learning to swim ... right away. Let's see, got my Epocrates, my Ferri's Clinical Consult, my Current and Current Pediatrics ... my stethoscope ...

Archived