Short one prerequisite

I am hoping to apply to UW Madison's program for the 2016 start. I have about six prerequisites to take. All are no problem and I can get them at the local schools (Duluth, MN). However, I'm starting at a awkward time (Spring 2015) and can only take Biology 2 classes in the spring (not offered in other semesters). I know that it states that all prerequisites must be completed during the fall semester prior to the start of the program, but has anyone been accepted with one class to take in the spring?

I've looked into all the local colleges and none offer Biology 2 during other semesters.

Thanks!

Tavenne323

They're pretty good about accepting prereqs as long as you have a plan to complete them (even if they aren't completed by the time you apply). That being said, Madison does interviews in Jan/Feb and sends out acceptance letters shortly after. In order to be fair I doubt they'd be able to offer you a spot in the class without you having completed prereqs. If you for some reason didn't get a C or better, it would be very short notice to fill your spot so that may take a spot from a qualified individual, which is why they have that requirement. Call the office, see if you can talk to Erin, she's fantastic and would be a great help to you. 

" All prerequisite courses must be completed successfully with a grade of C or better by the end of the fall semester prior to planned matriculation."

That's from the website. If you have a background in bio you try to talk to the professor to see if they'd let you in out of sequence, otherwise you'll need to find another school that offers them (have to take them at the same school). Why not check with superior? 

umbPA - You don't have to have all prereqs completed before applying to Madison, see the above quote from the website. 

Archived