Help with My Contract!!!!

Hello Everyone, 

I was recently offered a Psychiatry Position (Outpatient) 

The Contract doesn't appear very good, even though this is actually my dream job...

77,000 starting salary , will increase by 3,000 every year, and the contract is for three years. 

Pros:

On the job training looks very good, will start off with shadowing then work from 5-6 patients and increase as the time goes by. 

Will get to do Initial evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan and follow-ups right off the first few months. 

80 hours PTO (no roll-overs)

Cons: 3 CME for 500, only base salary, must meet certain number of patients per month after 1 year period. 

Have to sign non-compete clause 

The Job appears good for on the Job training and experience but the overall contract isn't that great, what do you think? I also tried to negotiate but they won't budge.

Hello Everyone, 

I was recently offered a Psychiatry Position (Outpatient) 

The Contract doesn't appear very good, even though this is actually my dream job...

77,000 starting salary , will increase by 3,000 every year, and the contract is for three years. 

Pros:

On the job training looks very good, will start off with shadowing then work from 5-6 patients and increase as the time goes by. 

Will get to do Initial evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan and follow-ups right off the first few months. 

80 hours PTO (no roll-overs)

Cons: 3 CME for 500, only base salary, must meet certain number of patients per month after 1 year period. 

Have to sign non-compete clause 

The Job appears good for on the Job training and experience but the overall contract isn't that great, what do you think? I also tried to negotiate but they won't budge.

OJT good

PTO is horrible - pull up the AAPA data and give it to them

Non-compete - no way

CME time - and pay - no go

What about license, dea.....?

Archived