Loan Repayment Job Offers

Does anyone know how competitive it is for PA students to get into the scholarship program? I hear they mostly accept med students, former NHSC scholars or individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. If I am not in one of these categories I am wondering if I'm better off just applying for the loan repayment program. Thanks for your help!

this came to my email today; feel free!

<<I have an exciting Family Practice position in Remote Alaska to discuss with you! This is a facility that I have personally visited and can give you any information that you need. To be considered, just reply to this email with the answers to the three simple questions at the end of this email or give me a call. This will help to determine the order in which candidates will be called. All inquiries into location will need to be handled over the telephone. Phone hours are flexible and calls can be scheduled after regular business hours if needed. Hurry and reply today!

Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician Assistant

- See Native American Population Inside of Their Remote Village (this sounds kind of racist, but whatev)

- Plenty of Autonomy - Run Your Own Facility and Perform Procedures that Only Physicians are Allowed to do

- Minimum 2 Years Experience Required as a PA or FNP in a Family Practice Setting

- Emergency Medicine Experience in Any Profession Preferred but Not Required

- $14,000 Relocation Package for You and Your Family

- $25K per Year in Student Loans Paid Off for the First 2 Years and $35K for the 3rd Year = $85K!

- 2 Year Commitment Required Only but Stay as Long as You'd Like for Stability

- 8%-10% Annual Bonus of your Base Salary

- 23 Days of Paid Time Off Plus 10 Paid Holidays to Start!

- Semi-Furnished Rental Properties With Negotiated Rates Available and Dogs Are Allowed

- $6000 in Continuing Education Provided Annually

- State Licensure Fees Reimbursed by the Facility

Help an Underserved Remote Alaskan Village Obtain Quality Healthcare

- See Native American Eskimo Population and Become a Part of Their Culture

- Enjoy a Lower Cost of Living Through Corporate Rate Housing and Minimal Necessities

- Live Inside of a Remote Alaskan Village

- Multiple Native Villages to Choose - Pick the One That Fits Your Needs

- 8 Weeks of Free Housing Provided During Orientation

- King Salmon Fishing and Big Game Hunting for Every Outdoors Person

- Phone, Internet, and Satellite TV Available - Spend Your Free Time at Home the Way You Normally Would

- Must be Open to Living in Remote Areas - This is not Anchorage, Juneau, or Fairbanks

1. How many total years experience do you have as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant?

2. Please describe any previous Emergency Medicine experience.

3. What is the best number to reach you at and when is a good time to call?

Sincerely,

Ray Hostetler | Recruiting Team Lead

(866) 633-2120 x4807 | (214) 442-4807 (direct) | (215) 243-8534 (fax)

Delta Healthcare Placement | Rhostetler@deltahcp.com

Click Here ( http://e2ma.net/go/6350914348/207185841/217585366/11101/goto:http://www.tdcpeople.com/CandidatePreferences.aspx?pid=D2A4D091-12D4-41A5-BB7D-5C33BB5E709C ) to ensure relevant practice opportunities are reaching you. Take control, manage the frequency and be heard. >>

So, how big is the danger of working in an NHSC-approved hospital/clinic and not getting approved after your initial 2 years due to the place of work itself falling of the list? Is the list extermely variable or pretty static? Also, what are the initial chances of approval for PAs?

An NHSC rep came to my school. I asked this same question. He said it all depends on politics. Currently he says that funding is close to 100%, meaning that no one is being turned down if all of the requirements are met. He said full funding for the next couple of years has been approved, but not allocated. A lot of this is through the stimulus package and the health care act. If the defund-the-government crowd has their way, money will be reduced. At that point, the areas of highest need receive the funds first.

If this doesn't work out for me, I'm going to have to play the lottery full time to get rid of this debt.

• 2 weeks later...

Scholarship application is up. Im wondering what i would do since i havent formally started school yet. I might wait and apply next year while im in school.

Plus it appears the scholarship is a lot harder to get. One of the girls i had a class with was going through the process and i dont think she got it

The only downside of the scholarship is that the job locations for it are extremely limited after finishing school, compared to the loan repayment job locations. If one is not location dependent, then the scholarship seems like a really great opportunity.

Physician assistant student at Pennsylvania College of Technology was awarded a full scholarship for 2010-11 through the National Health Service Corps. Heather J. Simonson, a junior from Catawissa, was one of 125 students selected from a pool of 65,000 applicants.

Wow.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Archived